Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

BOGO

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Vasquez956 
#1 ·
Just bought some Hornady V-Max ammo at Reeds, and as I went to check out it popped up as Buy one Get one free, so I increased my order size. Waiting to see what shows up.

#8 ·
In looking at the site I see they have some Federal Gold Medal HV .22LR for $4.46 per 50. To get the BOGO deal with free shipping you would have to buy a fairly big quantity of it. But, that makes it $2.24 per 50 which is really cheap for very high quality ammo. I didn't know Federal made this stuff any more, but it is fantastic. I have a couple boxes given to me by my brother so took it to the ranger yesterday to see how it shoots. It shot a ragged one-hole group thru my Mauser 210. I think I need to order some bricks and stash it.

#9 ·
When I found out about this sale, I decided to give it a try to see if the BOGO was real. I am happy to say it is. I was able to get great deals on .22LR, .22WMR and even .17HMR. For example, I bought 5 boxes of AutoMatch ($14.99 each) and was shipped a factory case of 10 boxes for the BOGO - 3250 rds for $74.95 <I actually bought over $100 of ammo just to get the free shipping>. Now to get the paperwork in to get reimbursed for 1 box since I bought 5 - that means I will be into 3250rds for ~$60. My only regret is that I didn't always buy everything in quantities of 5, so I will miss out on some of the rebates.

Unfortunately the money that I saved was quickly spent - I actually had to go buy some rifles to shoot the .17HMR in. :eek:

PS: I just got 3 bricks of that Federal Gold Medal to try out.

#12 ·
So I checked in with Reeds to see if they had added anything else and while they have not, the .17HMR price has changed. It is now $10.99 a box and the BOGO still applies. Not that I really need it, but I now have another 1K heading to my house for $109.90. Maybe I need to buy another .17HMR to justify this purchase. ;)

#14 ·
Today they apparently added both the .22LR Game Shok 31gr ($3.99) and CCI Blazer .38 Special 158gr lead ($14.49) to the sales list. Both are listed as BOGO so I pulled out the card again. I have never tried the 31gr - what better time, I guess. I will also be set for plinking .38 for some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.