Mark IV Grips - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Question 20% ruger discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post
Ruger doesn't have them in stock right now but told me they would be back in about a month. Maybe Altamont will have their panel grips for the MkIV in production by then.

I don't mind the extra cost (I even have a ShopRuger 20% discount coupon) but I'm going to have to wait for either one.
for new gun buyers, I pick up my MKIV stainless target tomorrow ,I HOPE. it is supposed to arrive at my LGS. I will hold my discount until the panel grips are in stock. does anyone know, is the 20% off a total order or only one item? I also need a black scope rail.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:46 PM
22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
I will hold my discount until the panel grips are in stock. does anyone know, is the 20% off a total order or only one item? I also need a black scope rail.
The 20% discount applies to only one order but to every item on that order up to a maximum savings of $20. So you can order up to $100 worth of merchandise to maximize the discount.

You have to go online and register your gun with Ruger and then they will send you an e-mail with the discount code you have to submit with the order. Write it down accurately as you will need it.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:24 PM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
The 20% discount applies to only one order but to every item on that order up to a maximum savings of $20. So you can order up to $100 worth of merchandise to maximize the discount.

You have to go online and register your gun with Ruger and then they will send you an e-mail with the discount code you have to submit with the order. Write it down accurately as you will need it.
Got it. Thanks

Old 01-06-2017, 09:32 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
thanks!!

Quote:

will do. maybe they will B/O the panel grips if I pay now with the scope rail. I have a millett red dot 6 tube type that came off my traded in LITE. it is dying to sit on top of my new target stainless MKIV!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:29 AM
rws53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a set of flat panel and wrap around grips...so can dress the MKIV as desired.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 PM
NeauxGo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rws53 View Post
I bought a set of flat panel and wrap around grips...so can dress the MKIV as desired.
Wow - they look great!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like those panel grips-just wish they had one without the checkering.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM
RCrosby257

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Screw Hole Placement

I believe (repeat believe, I'm not certain) that the screw holes are spaced the same. The real difference i see is the MkIV grips have to be cut to clear the new style safety levers.

We appear to now have confirmation that the screw hole spacing is different on the Mk.IV.

Personally I have no desire to drill extra holes in a good set of grips. Other options will be found.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Plunker22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/mark4/

Last one in the bottom row, NO CHECKERING!! Ordered and have in hand. Not installed yet, but will be shortly.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:02 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunker22 View Post

Last one in the bottom row, NO CHECKERING!! Ordered and have in hand. Not installed yet, but will be shortly.
Yes, but it's still the wrap-around design with finger grooves. A lot of us just want the panel grips.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:56 AM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yes, but it's still the wrap-around design with finger grooves. A lot of us just want the panel grips.
+1
Old 01-12-2017, 05:57 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I handled a Mk IV hunter with the wood wrap around grips and they fit me perfectly. I have larger size hands.

I was a little put off by 670 price, but; that is another story and after market grips cost money too. And, I dont have the cash right now. I am just in looking mode. This seems like the best of the current IV.

If someone wants these big wood grips, I suggest buying the grips from ruger and get the official Ruger logo. If or when available.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:20 AM
flphotog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenpony View Post
I like those panel grips-just wish they had one without the checkering.
I'm hopping Altamont comes out with just that, so far they don't seem to be able to give a straight answer on that.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:22 AM
flphotog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunker22 View Post

I have those and used them a couple of times but didn't shoot well with them and took them off, waiting for them to come out with the panel grips at the moment.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 AM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Question which finger groove grips??

Quote:
Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
I have those and used them a couple of times but didn't shoot well with them and took them off, waiting for them to come out with the panel grips at the moment.
if you don't like them do you want to sell them?