Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

2009 Hunting Pictures

40K views 418 replies 93 participants last post by  chevy01234 
#1 · (Edited)
Unless I missed it we don't have a 09 hunting picture thread.

Hunting, hiking and outdoors pictures lets see em:D

Here is some from a hog hunt last weekend, no hogs just a long hike.

See less See more
#34 ·
Thats some cool stuff man! And that's some good looking chow! Never had wild pig.

You guys that live in states with these wild pigs with year round season are certainly lucky to have a large critter thats good eating and open year round!

About the only thing we have here year round is Coyote and even that is closed for about 5 weeks. I enjoy hunting the Coyotes, just wish we could use centerfire on public land.

#35 ·
I am going to look into that, I want to take my dogs out dove hunting next week.:bthumb:[/QUOTE]

i would assume you have a lab or some kind of retreiver. on these small feists, 18-22#'s, we use the child dose, but on larger dogs i would say get the adult version. whichever you use get the liquid. the tablets sometimes will not work fast enough to save your dog. good luck, good huntin

#36 ·
i would assume you have a lab or some kind of retreiver. on these small feists, 18-22#'s, we use the child dose, but on larger dogs i would say get the adult version. whichever you use get the liquid. the tablets sometimes will not work fast enough to save your dog. good luck, good huntin
I have two German short hairs both are under 50lbish.

Thanks for the tip.

#37 ·
Hey Lovmyfeist
Have you seen what a buch of folks are doing with Bayer Weed and Brush killer? They are using it to kill fleas and ticks, like you would with Biospot or one of the other topical treatments. Claim to be getting great results. Not sure I am willing to try it on my hounds yet.

Sorry to hijack the hunting pictures thread.

H.

#42 ·
Hey Lovmyfeist
Have you seen what a buch of folks are doing with Bayer Weed and Brush killer? They are using it to kill fleas and ticks, like you would with Biospot or one of the other topical treatments. Claim to be getting great results. Not sure I am willing to try it on my hounds yet.

no have not heard that. these high dollar brands like bio spot and the like are a rip off imo. i use a brand called bansect. the only place i have seen it is dollar general stores. it is less than half the price of the name brands and works good for me down here in sho nuff tick country.
good luck, good huntin all
jb

#45 ·
I was out scouting for doves tonight and almost walk through this guys web:eek:

Not hunting related but I thought it was pretty cool pic from tonight.

:) That's an orb weaver spider. Sounds redundant but that's what they call them. There are some color variations and most of them are right pretty considering they're spiders. The web is photogenic, too, with the right lighting. Got one down my collar one time (orb weaver, not web) when I brushed under some pine trees while I was mowing the grass. I almost beat myself to death. But I never have heard of anyone being bitten by one and that one fell out before I injured anything but myself. Is that guy being lifted out by the Blackhawk because he's as afraid of spiders as I am?:p
Crow Feather

#55 ·
if you are looking for some cold weather waders that are tough, easy to repair and will last you for many years, you can't do better that a pair of neoprene sock foot waders. get some hard sole wading shoes to go with them and a belt.

a tube of aquaseal and some cotol eccelerator will repair any hole you ever get in them. this is not a ruber patch that does not work but a liquid patch material that really works.

i wore a pair of these trapping for a lot of years. i still have them too.

they may cost you a little more, but will outlast any rubber waders by years. they also will keep you dry and warm.

you can find them in Cabelas cat. i'll bet.

luck!

#53 ·
Here's one that got away...

Actually I was hunting squirrels when I came across a momma bear and three cubs. Here's her footprint. They were neat to watch as they ate wild grapes and berries. They ran off when they finally saw me. Too bad there was no way to zoom in with the iPhone camera.

#71 · (Edited)
Darn Crow Hunter! Nice shooting but it looks like you're one over your limit for 2 people (10 is the daily limit in TN). Tsk tsk tsk... but seriously- while I prefer to shoot squirrels with a 22, you still have to have either an increadibly high squack population or really good stalking skills to get within scattergun range of 21 squirrels when the leaves are still on (or a bit of both I suspect).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.