Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:54 PM
NordicMarksman
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NEW Anschutz Match 54.30 ...The Evolution

Coming soon to an Anschütz dealer near you!

I had the pleasure of seeing this first hand at the IWA show last month in Germany. They had it tucked away behind closed doors.
The new Match 54.30 is the next generation of the legendary ANSCHÜTZ Match 54 barreled action.

Email below arrived this morning from Anschutz along with the first released photos.

Greetings,

This past March at the IWA fair in Nuremberg, Germany, we debuted our newly designed Smallbore Match Rifle; the 54.30.

Today we would like to present to you some detailed information about this newly designed match rifle.

Our new Match 54.30 is a considerable evolution of the legendary ANSCHÜTZ Match 54 barreled action.

The new smallbore Match 54.30 action distinguishes itself by following items:

- Basis for the new rifle is the well known and reliable ANSCHÜTZ Match 54 action.
- The loading port was moved 30mm rewards and was reduced in size by 18%.
- These changes increases the stiffness of the receiver.
- The closer location of the loading port allows for less movement when in position and an overall improvment in shooter ergonomics.
- To accomodate the closer location of the loading port, the bolt and the firing pin were reduced in length by 30mm.
- The weight of the firing pin was also reduced, thus resulting in velocity increase of the firing pin and a shorter lock-time.
- The overall accuracy has been improved by a newly designed ANSCHÜTZ Match chamber.
- Unlike match actions in the past, the new Match 54.30 features a threaded receiver and barrel connection. This change removes stresses in the chamber area and further increases accuracy.
- The new Match 54.30 can be installed into all available stocks which fit with the ANSCHÜTZ round match actions such as the 1907 or 1913.
- Like other ANSCHÜTZ products, the Match 54.30 features a maintenance - friendly and long lasting overall construction.
- Very competitive pricing.

Additional details about the ANSCHÜTZ Match 54.30 are included in the enclosed attachement.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us through our website or dealer network.

Match 54.30 "We Are Rimfire."

Best regards

J.G. ANSCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KG

i.A.
Julian Klaiber
Projektassistent Vertrieb
Project assistant sales

Old 04-14-2015, 02:10 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Welcome to RFC NordicMarksman!

The 54.30 looks very interesting! Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:16 PM
NordicMarksman
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks! Thought everyone would enjoy the info and photos. Very exciting rifle!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Now THAT is interesting! Maybe some research has shown that all those advantages of a precisely pressed and pinned barrel are not such an advantage after all...and a new match chamber...methinks the BR crowd is having some influence...or maybe Steve B.?? No mention of improved chambering cams, though.

I guess the downside is all new bolt parts and no interchangeability.

TBR

Last edited by TEDDY BEAR RAT; 04-14-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:48 PM
NordicMarksman
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm sure Steve will chime in sooner or later and give some more technical insight. Steve showed it to me at IWA, he was pretty excited about the rifle, and rightfully so.

Will be interesting to see how it stacks up against Bleiker and G+E Racer. From what I understand, initial testing has exceeded expectations.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:21 PM
Bob Smalser
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Keeping up with Bleiker and Walther, both of which have shorter bolt throws. Looks very nice, and I love those slim, Precise stocks. The up side of Anschutz stocks as opposed to Walther is adjustments only require one size of Allen wrench. Also looks like a 22mm sight at the end of that bloop tube.

Last edited by Bob Smalser; 04-14-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 PM
topclass

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)

any info if it will be offered in a LH version?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:04 PM
South_Pender

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for that info, Brad. It is indeed big news for rimfire shooters. Perhaps the biggest departure is the threaded receiver/barrel junction (echoing Teddy Bear Rat here). Do you know whether (or when) Anschutz plans to put this new action into their sporting line--the 1700 series?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:34 PM
NordicMarksman
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topclass View Post
any info if it will be offered in a LH version?
Yes, Left hand version will be available.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 PM
NordicMarksman
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by South_Pender View Post
Thanks for that info, Brad. It is indeed big news for rimfire shooters. Perhaps the biggest departure is the threaded receiver/barrel junction (echoing Teddy Bear Rat here). Do you know whether (or when) Anschutz plans to put this new action into their sporting line--the 1700 series?
Not sure if or when we will see it in the 1700 series.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 PM
outlawsix

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The threaded barrel is very unique. I wonder why the break in the threading? That is what caught my eye. Also curious as to the barrel thread/pitch and if the barrel section of the action was increased or decreased? If the ID wasn't changed, then does that open the door for threading of actions when aftermarket tubes are put on? Also due to the shiny look...did they change the action metal?
Old 04-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Steelringer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anschutz 54.3

Welcome to the site NordicMarksman!
Good of you to share your info. w. the guys on the site here about the new Annie. It has a lot going for it w. some good improvements.
I passed your info along locally w. my fellow 22BR shooters at Petitcodiac . They're impressed, and wondering who will be the first to show up at one of our matches.
VMT
Old 04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
cowboy4

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMarksman View Post

Interesting. Inspecting the picture I can't tell if it has extractor cuts or not (I'm pretty sure this picture doesn't show any). The breach isn't shaped to facilitate extraction.
What am I missing?

Last edited by cowboy4; 04-14-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Earl Baugher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (32)
Cool Is that wood...

or just fiberglass make to look like it... and round action? still? Definitely function over form (and beauty... just why is walnut and blued steel so passe? )
Old 04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
cowboy4

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Beauty is really small groups, a bank vault "feel", and a quality finish (in that order for me)....I am intrigued.