Nordic Marksman:computing exchange rates? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Matt in Va
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nordic Marksman:computing exchange rates?

Gentlemen,
I have had ZERO luck calling Nordic Marksman due to some block that Verizon has on my cell phone, and I have no better luck with our Verizon Land Line, and I have called customer service. The suggested I upgrade phones. That did not come as a TOTAL surprise...

I was going to buy a number of the Fortner Magazine Bottoms as well as two left handed Fortner small diameter bolt handles, however, at no time during going through the online process, up to the point of clicking order, was there any mention of being credited for an appropriate exchange rate. As a matter of fact they are charging $50 CAD to ship this little package so I'm curious with those who have dealt with them before. Do they convert for the exchange rate or does Visa do that automatically? Would very much appreciate your input...

Regards, Matt.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:22 AM
Old Man 58
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in Va View Post
Gentlemen,
I have had ZERO luck calling Nordic Marksman due to some block that Verizon has on my cell phone, and I have no better luck with our Verizon Land Line, and I have called customer service. The suggested I upgrade phones. That did not come as a TOTAL surprise...

I was going to buy a number of the Fortner Magazine Bottoms as well as two left handed Fortner small diameter bolt handles, however, at no time during going through the online process, up to the point of clicking order, was there any mention of being credited for an appropriate exchange rate. As a matter of fact they are charging $50 CAD to ship this little package so I'm curious with those who have dealt with them before. Do they convert for the exchange rate or does Visa do that automatically? Would very much appreciate your input...

Regards, Matt.
My bank did the conversion and charged me an international transaction fee also.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When ordering internationally, your credit card should be charged the amount of the order in the funds in which they are sold. For example, I'm in Canada, and when I order from south of the border my cc is charged the amount of the product in US dollars. I pay the credit card whatever the exchange rate works out to be. I don't think I've been charged a fee for this.

Regarding shipping, send the good folks at Nordic Marksman an email asking for a specific shipping price to your destination for the item(s) involved. They should be able to help you out. I have ordered a few odds and ends and if their website shipping price seems too much I have asked if it can be improved. (Sometimes the "system" is unable to determine that a couple of small pieces can be shipped in a bubble wrapped envelope etc. for a more reasonable cost.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Quote:
Do they convert for the exchange rate or does Visa do that automatically? Would very much appreciate your input...

Regards, Matt.
I just had that happen and your credit card company will do the conversion....Tom
Old 04-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am in Canada and have dealt with Nordic Marksman in the past. Great folks. Very reliable. You should shoot them an email.

Gilbert
Old 04-23-2016, 03:16 PM
oldrifleman7512

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have ordered from Nordic several times. Great people to deal with! With the exchange rate many Anschutz items are cheaper from them. My card company did the exchange rate with no fee.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Matt in Va

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Gentlemen,
I GREATLY appreciate your input... I will drop them a line.

Regards, Matt.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:17 PM
Old Man 58
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
$138.07 U.S.D ($179.70 CAD) for 5ea "World Cup Biathlon ALU Magazine floor plates" shipped to Texas.

Last edited by Old Man 58; 04-23-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:55 PM
rt11002003

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Our daughter and her family live in Germany. We have her on our VISA credit card account so she can purchase items there, in Euros, and we can pay here in dollars. VISA covers the transaction fees.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:06 AM
NordicMarksman
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Gentlemen,
I GREATLY appreciate your input... I will drop them a line.

Regards, Matt.
Matt,

Our shipping rates are based on the order dollar value, not the size of the package. If the shipping price looks out of the norm, simply add what you want to the shopping cart, follow the check out and when it comes to payment, select 'Purchase Order'. The order will sit in limbo, we can then manually check the cost to post your order to your address. Once we determine the shipping cost, we can change it on the invoice and email you back a payment link to complete the order. Please zap us an email once you do the purchase order so we don't miss anything.

Price wise, all of our items are in CAD $. Your credit card company are the ones who determine the exchange rate, not us. We get paid in CAD, your charged in USD.

Any questions, dont hesitate to contact us.

[email protected]

Cheers