Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone got the correct front sight mounting screws for a 1422?

374 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  22 man 
#1 ·
I'm talking to a guy right now about the sight itself,so I will need to find screws.If anyone has any they can part with for cheap or free,let me know.

#3 ·
All I know is that they are Metric. I have some screws I used for making plug screws, but I bought them about 10 years ago and don't remember the size. The ones I have are not the correct sight screws, just something I matched up at the local hardware store. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

#4 ·
Nsl, I think they are 10-32 but do not hold me to that. I really am not sure because I am having trouble finding barrel plugs for it myself FW got me some last time and Camster sent me some the other day but they were the same size as the recievcer plugs. On my 1422 the reciever plug is bigger then the Barrel plug :mad:

#8 ·
Let me tell you about my 54 Sporter. When I tried to take the screws to the sights off naturally they stripped. In fact one of them broke off below the head of the screw the other I had to use a drill to drill off the head of the screw to get the sight off. I tried heating the screws and using vice grips and quess what they broke again could not budge them. SOOOOO, I cut the screw down as close to the barrel as possible I then taped around the barrel and draw file the screws down level, and blued the tops of them. Unless you look really close you cannot tell they are not plugs. I really never plan on getting rid of it so it works for me. On the 1422 I was a little bit luckier, both heads broke off but after heating I was able to remove the screws with vice grips. I threw the screws away wish I had saved them. I just did some looking maybe the metric size is m6 x 1. I tried a 10-32 they will start but they are corse threads so the nearest metric diameter according to the machinery handbook seems to be M6 x 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.