The Watering Hole 12-2-2019 - Page 15 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Got Don's filthy 597-22 deep cleaned, just have to drilube, re-assemble the twin recoil springs, install the tight fitting rubber bolt buffer, etc.... tomorrow.

Lite 1.5" snow the snow joe will handle handily.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
More chicken noodle soup and drugs then back to bed. This is a real nasty cold. Didn't feel up to getting a tree today, maybe tomorrow. Did pick up the wreath from the florist and install at the cemetery. That's all I had in me today for going out into the world.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:31 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Hope all of those chickens sacrificing themselves was worth it and you get better soon, BW.
Yeah that Wolf. Sucks to be you, Szumi, Shirley, and the Mayor, not necessarily in that order.

Fired up my olde non lithium battery 2012 Mac no longer supported. It was down to 17% from just sitting turned off since last winter.
Took 20 min. to remove cookies from everywhere. Dang things are like styrofoam when you open a package packed with the old loose styro.
This olde one still runs a bit hot but its better w/o all the cookies it seems. I do remember I had a bear of a time back then of ridding it of the dirt cheep site as did my latest when I accidentally clicked on its link.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:53 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BW, that is why I haven't "kicked" this cold. No chicken noodle soup.

Finished Roswell New Mexico on Netflix. Not much on alien movies but this one caught my attention. Pretty girls anyway.

Now to bed. Nothing until 2 PM and 6 PM. Sanford Creek Elementary holiday program. May only do one as same kids. [Yes, the teachers and Principal want me to attend their events]

Bed time if I have room. Finn has been in bed for an hour. Joined by Wiley. Next is Lucy. Mirra [cat] keeps coming by. She should be asleep in her favorite chair. Upset as Youngest SisterIL is spending the night. Mirra does not like strangers even though she knows SIL.

Still thinking of that rep and her, "Merry Christmas and God bless." Made my day.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, jnyork, OldDave, AZ, dlong, Hawkeye, koonta, Rock, Ranger, COW, Atonic, M92, Gerald, Brent, RichJ, IHMS, wr, Wayne, Squirrel, 404, Phil, Mike, Greggie, toppkat, CMR, JV, 1917, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, carrij, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 12-04-2019, 11:55 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Going to get shot tomorrow morning

Not with a firearm though. Steroids, epidurals for spine pain again.

About ready to have my whole accursed neck fused.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:17 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post

Ask them if they can make you into wolverine?

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2019, 01:40 AM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Got Don's filthy 597-22 deep cleaned, just have to drilube, re-assemble the twin recoil springs, install the tight fitting rubber bolt buffer, etc.... tomorrow.

Lite 1.5" snow the snow joe will handle handily.
Make a video?
Old 12-05-2019, 06:41 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Welcome to the real world, Frank. At least you were presumably speaking to someone here & w/a good heart. Try being hearing impaired & speaking to someone in the Philippines! That's my usual draw; and then only after some indeterminate wait and then ultimately may get transferred to someone here that can actually do something, but not always. Welcome to the world of frustration and global commerce. Having the blah's or a cold makes it even worse.

I take brown whiskey. Last evening it was Jim Beam black XA. It doesn't shorten the time nor frustration involved dealing w/decent people w/no malice, but incapable of remedying problems, but it sure makes me feel better, taking the edge off. Its all I can tell ya. And some say it has medicinal value, but it prolly won't cure a cold. The really nasty ones require being passed on to another individual before you are allowed to recover.. at least that's how its struck me and on more than one occasion. My getting someone else's cold and then their getting better, almost immediately. And there is nothing fair about it at all. You can find ref's in the bible, I think and old literature for sure to the phrase 'a pox upon you!', but its only because they didn't have 'virus' in their vocabularies. The cold has been medicine's bane since time immemorial.. and remains so. Hope you, BW & Szumi all feel better very soon.
--

One of the canned yard bird noodle soup maker's was claiming there was 38 feet of noodles in each can. I dunno, never measured them and anyway its like monofilament in a sense; use a small enough dia. and you might could get a hunnert yards in a can. I liked it when cans had their prices stamped in purple ink on their tops inside a purple circle. Did some of that stamping one summer when I worked in a grocery store for a while. Old Mr. Jones was a sweetheart to all the wimmin that shopped there, but a tyrant to those of us that werked there. A real Mr. Hyde and you didn't wanna be on his bad side. He could be as mean as a junkyard dog.

And somehow I wonder if Marco Polo had by accident wished to go noodling for catfish and with the language barrier he was confronted with got introduced to pasta instead. I guess we will never know the other side of that story. One thing is for sure; the noodles in yard bird noodle soup will never be al dente because they have been soaked like the lower portion of a warf pier.. in brine.

I need to re-read Cannery Row & Steinbeck's work on tide pools a well. Never remotely agreed w/his politicks, but reading his works is a good chicken soup for the mind and he had a wonderfully wry sense of humor.
--

Due to unforeseen werkus iterruptus and plannus interruptus occurrences I didn't get to the club until just after 4P. It stayed close to calm much of the day, but had high elevation dark cloud cover that began to dissipate some to the west near dusk. Ended up shooting three boxes of 7/8's oz. 12 ga. reloads at skeet w/a member friend who was there for the first time in a while. He was having some difficulties at skeet the last time we shot a league together, but he wasn't having any yesterday, breaking 23, 22 & 24 for 90% which was as good as I can ever remember seeing him shoot. Myself, on the other hand was having issues w/the long shadow poor light & dark background & I only broke 17 the first box w/the gun mounted. Went back to low gun for the last two & broke 21 & 19 for 76% overall. Not impressive, but whot it was. Carrij is a much better skeet shot than I. I'd need a 20 year phone booth trip to shoot the little gun as well. Heck, I needed it yesterday to shoot the big gun that well.

Jack & I have been out at 4. Not much light was present. Almost needed a mason jar loaded w/fireflies or a torch, but we managed w/eyes wide not to trip over anything. Mostly he just jumps over stuff while I shuffle around the leaf piles that he uses as leap piles I've yet to bag for the shredder. Small steps, but I'm gaining on it. The weather is pretty nice, at the moment.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:59 AM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post

If it helps.......the people I have known who have had fusion surgery on their necks all said it helped a lot. Nowhere near as bad as lumbar fusion. If I recall right, youíve been down that road, and had a bad experience. I might be recalling incorrectly though. I hope you can get the pain relief you need. Anything to do with the spine is itís own brand of hurt.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:56 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Make a video?
Shirley you jest. More %%%%%%% by Al the Infidel coming to a Netflix near you soon!

18˚
Old 12-05-2019, 08:21 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

I thought I had the Schmit und Vesson all prepped for a bath in the parkerizing tank. Got it home, and Ryan called. I forgot the screws.
That'll put me a day behind schedule.
Someone had buffed the bluing off of this revolver, and coated it with lacquer. It was a beast to bead blast. I tried loosening all of that lacquer with thinner before blasting it, but the stuff in the crevices was as stubborn as Al is ornery.
Well, I'll bead blast the screws, then give it all a couple of warm baths tonight, followed by a long soak in a tub of motor oil.
This job pays well, and the extra scratch will come in handy for the Holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
If she goes roof surfing does that mean she eventually gets to go work in the LGS with you? Sorta like father like cat?
I used to think I possessed the agility of a cat. Gravity dissuaded me of that notion.
I think she's safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Yeah, what became of the pink tutu, haven't heard of it for years now. I think maybe that was JetGirl's domain.

Perhaps it needs resurrected.

What's your waist size, Dave?
Last Shot was the last one to see the tutu. He did unimaginable things to it. Stretched it in places it was not designed to endure. The stains, . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrij View Post
Range day today. Skeet gods were smiling down on me. First two rounds I made it to station six before I dropped a bird, and thatís with the 410. Ended the morning with a 94% total. A couple of 24ís but the elusive 25 just wasnít there. Got home and wife said she was going to the movies with her girlfriends. My neighbor wants to shoot pistol so Iím going back to the range. Maybe the good karma will still be there. later, Joe.
That is darned impressive. Good shooting report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Still going to acquire a 10/22 next.
10/22's are fun, but eventually you'll end up with a CZ. Why fight it? Start looking for a nice CZ 452 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
We have 2 acres with a mixture of 25 Oaks and maples on it, plus woods behind us. Mulching becomes frequent for over a month when the leaves start dropping around here. I usually get the wife to broom me off when I'm done with a session. But as you suggest there is something about seeing the results of your effort that makes the time spent worth it.

I started shooting as a sport with dad when I was about 8, and reloading with him when about 10. Dad died when I was 22, and when I was in my late 20's I got away from the reloading and shooting as a sport, only shooting a 22 and deer rifle for checking sights before hunting season every year.
About 8 years ago I wandered back into shooting and reloading. The information that is available now with a poke of a finger compared to 40 years ago is unbelievable, and I started soaking up every thing I could find on shooting cast. Back 40 years ago most thought it was the alloy mix and how hard a bullet was what controlled leading ( the harder the better ). After all the soaking up my noggin could handle I found that that sword goes both ways, sometimes softer is needed, and sizing critical.
In a revolver shooting cast the perfect set up is a bullet that is .001- .002 larger than the bore, and as Elmer, said will push through the throat with light pressure of a pencil. Smaller throats can be opened up but ones that are to large can be a problem.

When you get a chance you will find some good reading at these two sites.

http://www.lasc.us/ArticleIndex.htm
http://www.castpics.net/dpl/index.php

If you think you may sometime be interested in doing the trigger take a look at these.
This is a thread on a GP trigger job. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1130947

I had a smith do my first one, but after finding these two videos I felt easier about doing one myself. I put them on my favorites list for reference if I ever tear one down again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0jFwUq_-VU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqG5_2egsck

Welcome
Don't stay away to long, catching up can be a ------.

I won't be ordering anything that needs a spoon for a while.
I used to chase the tail of that casting dragon. Problem is that all revolvers are different, so you end up with either ONE revolver, or MANY different alloys and loads.
I solved ALL of that when I began powder coating my bullets. Now casting is fun again, and I can feed an entire stable of revolvers with the same loads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
your a cheap date.
*you're*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Well, I got out the old sight-pusher tonight anmd pushed the Beretta 81's rear sight a tad left. Was trying for 0.03" to correct, and got somewhere close to that. Proof will be in the pudding tomorrow. Planning a 32-palooza - the Beretta, the Sauer, and a pair of Ruger revolvers, single and double-action.
Sounds like a lot of fun.

We still haven't gotten the noob's opinion on maple flavored sausages yet.
Until then, we don't know if he's one of 'us', or one of 'them'.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:49 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
44F, no rain or snow to shovel, range day for sure! **YAY!!**

'bout time to pay the piper on my yearly dues the range...

Life is good!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 12-05-2019, 08:59 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
< snip>

*you're*
Thanks - you beat me to it....

Old 12-05-2019, 09:10 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Speeling natzees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: eek:

Off to grind down a tooth that gives my lip grief like Dlong's multi protruding fang-ed pooch.

Snow enroute once again and I've yet to rake the roof.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Funny that it takes more than one person to replace svete to correct everyone.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread