Bigbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6PtStar View Post
Thanks Bigbore, that helped a lot.
Glad it helped.

This will not be the end of the diffuser, I already have a V2. The first version was a hasty proof of concept. My hope was to get a simple fix for the lighting problem out to the community, we don't have to settle for this. Most software lets us adjust lighting, contrast and other features which may help too.

Experimenting with different tube widths, tube ID's and opacities will yield different results. If you like seeing a larger field, not just the mirror, shorten the tube for example.

I would encourage others to try solutions and share their ideas to make this perfect. There are other ways to accomplish diffusion, I attempted to make a ring out of white tape to stick on the LED's but it was too fiddley. I think this scope is a real disruptor for the shooting community, I've wanted a reasonably priced bore scope for years.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:23 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Big bore, thanks for your efforts. Pleas keep us posted on results. I have a Mac and must use photo bucket for viewing the Teslong. Photo bucket doesn't have a friendly way of adjusting the view so a diffuser is probably the only fix.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysue View Post
I have a Mac and must use photo bucket for viewing the Teslong. Photo bucket doesn't have a friendly way of adjusting the view so a diffuser is probably the only fix.
After an image is captured, photo editing software can help to correct a lot of problems with a shot. An Apple PC should have photo editing software.

I take a lot of still shots but with this bore scope I jumped right to video because I personally find it more interesting, especially for demonstration. If I were seriously checking a barrel I would probably takes stills of areas that were of interest to me, but one can cover a lot more of the barrel quicker with video. When I am recording the video, the software I use for the recording--in this case Windows Camera-- has one adjustment for brightness that needs to be enabled in the settings. A slider on the "Camera" GUI and the Teslong's potentiometer are what I use to tune the lighting as I record the video. I can then use an Adobe video editor I have to clean up and tweak other aspects of the video but that is after recording.

There are a few video and photo editors available for free for the Windows platform as well as applications bundled with Windows that can edit after capturing or recording. I don't use Mac but their claim to fame was video so there has to be plenty of software for video and photo editing. The problem is, if you have a white spot like a sun in the center of the frame there is no photo or video there to recover, you have to have something to clean up. The bright light can probably be mitigated without a diffuser as suggested so I'll watch for those that can produce good photos and videos with an unaided scope and hope everybody shares best practices. I'll continue to do what I'm doing also and as always, share my results. My biggest goal is to come up with an easy fix anyone can do at home without special tools.

Last edited by Bigbore; 11-11-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:40 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Big bore, I hope you find a fix. I really like this scope and for the money--it is great. I'm going to add tape every 2 " on the probe so that I can tell where any bad spots are by counting the number of tape marks.
Old Today, 02:08 AM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hope someone has an answer. I bought the scope and it is running great on my Windows computer.....but I would like to use it with my Android Tablet. It is running Android 4.4.2. I have tried the endoscope app in standard and HD. All I get is a black screen. I have run the OTG checker app and it says it is OTG capable but I have not been able to find a switch that assures that it is turned on. Anyone know where the OTG switch is on Android 4.4.2. This is the only thing I can think of that might keep it from working. When I plug it in I get a message that says it is connected but no picture. The lights are on on the camera.

Last edited by 6PtStar; Today at 02:51 AM.
Old Today, 08:00 AM
jpx2rk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm using a Lenovo 8" tablet (droid) with my Teslong, not sure of the OS version, but I downloaded the OTG app and the recommended app from Teslong, did not work and downloaded the HD app, and it works fine now. It does remind me to open the OTG app at times, and I have to make sure the USB connection is secure (stable with the tablet/cable not moving) to have a good picture.

The app store should list 2 or more Teslong apps, try 'em all until it works.