Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
jjp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
1st outing with NS522

I got to go play with my new to me NS522. Very fun to shoot.

I did a little trigger work on it last night. My wife bent me a new spring out of a safety pin and I polished the sear and trigger. It feels pretty good except for a little creep. Next thing is a over travel set screw.

I put an Intensity 3.8-12 scope on it. I used some SK Standard plus and some Federal 510b's. Big point of impact difference. It likes the SK a little better. Here are some groups when I was sighting it in. I had some better groups but those targets looked like I shot them with a shotgun. (because there were so many groups on the targets.) These are with the SK's @ 25 yards with front and rear sand bags. I need to figure out what style target I can line up with the most consistency. The size of the reticle and the wind was the only issues I was having. It's going to be great hunting scope.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for a single shot adaptor and a bore guide? That would be a great help. Thanks.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
ak-addict

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Great rifle . My NS522 will make one ragged hole at 50 yards with Wolf MT . Accuracy really improved after I free floated the barrel .