Ultradot L/T - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
beercankilla

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ultradot L/T

I am in the market for optics for my KMK512. It will be used for outdoors, 50yds and shorter for plinking, paper targets and a little bit of hunting. Does anyone have any experience with the Ultradot L/T. I have searched the forum and found a lot of good feedback on the matchdot, it is the other one high on my list.

Many Thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
chim
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have hands-on experience with one. Don't waste you money. I can't get it adjusted.

I sent it back to the vendor, who told me it was OK, and they weren't authorized to do anything else. They did give me the name and number of a guy to talk to at Ultradot in Florida. I spoke with him, and assured him that I understood the concept (I also own a DocterSight and an Optima 2000).

When I first got the L/T, I mounted it on a pistol, and apparently by dumb luck, got it sighted in. Then I moved it to the pistol I had bought it for, and that's when I started to have problems. Elevation adjustments affected the windage, and vice versa.

I also explained that I had two Ultradot Four red dots that were absolutely great - one 1" and another 30MM. Tom said he would send me a Four, and then I would return the L/T. That was last Spring. The Four never came, and I got busy at work and at home. Kinda forgot about it over the Summer, but sent an e-mail to him about a month ago that has gone unanswered. Thanks for the reminder. I just called him and left a message.................chim
Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Tap

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Blast!

I was thinking about an L/T. Is the Doctor better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Jim Davidson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
L/t

I have an L/T on a Marvel .22 conversion and it adjusted easily and works very, very well. I sighted it in and produced dime-sized groups at 50 yards.

I also have a Match Dot, which is equally as good.

Jim
Old 12-05-2006, 10:42 AM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap View Post
I was thinking about an L/T. Is the Doctor better?
I certainly like my DocterSight better. The L/T does have a couple features that I do like. The ability to lock the dot brighter is neat. Some ranges I shoot at have low ambient lighting at the firing line. That causes my Docter and Optima dots to be a bit dimmer than I'd like. The L/T also has the battery in a "drawer" that enables you to replace it without unmounting it. These benefits are kind of a moot point, since it won't adjust for me though.

As far as being "adjustment friendly", the Optima is the easiest one for me to work with. But the dot isn't as nice and round and red as the Docter or L/T. Although it hasn't given me any problems, the Optima doesn't seem have the same quality of materials in it.

The Ultradot Fours have been excellent for me, if you go the tube route................chim
Old 12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
beercankilla

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How well does the MatchPoint perform outdoors? All of my shooting is done outdoors and I would like to try a bit of hunting with it as well as paper shooting.
Thanks for the good advice so far.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beercankilla View Post
How well does the MatchPoint perform outdoors? All of my shooting is done outdoors and I would like to try a bit of hunting with it as well as paper shooting.
Thanks for the good advice so far.
The two Ultradot Fours that I have are not the "Matchdot" with the 2, 4, 6 and 8 MOA dots. Mine have 4, 8, 12 and 16 MOA dots. They work well indoors or out. There's plenty of brightness adjustment..................chim