Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Mk IV VQ TRIGGER RESET

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BadaBing11 
#1 ·
I have a Mk Iv Hunter with the volquartsen accurizing kit and Tandemkross victory trigger. The trigger pull is very nice. However, it seems like it takes a lot of forward movement to reset .

I have already put the factory Ruger plunger spring on the TK trigger. I’m wondering if going back to the factory sear spring would help the reset . I doubt it would shorten the reset, but I’m wondering if it would be a more positive engagement . I hesitate to do this because I think it would likely increase trigger pull weight .

Any ideas?

#2 ·
The sear spring shouldn't have anything to do with your issue.

Here's two areas to look at:

1) Maybe you need to remove some overtravel. If you're pulling the trigger further than just far enough to reliably release the sear, you also have further forward trigger travel to complete the reset.

2) Remove the upper and look at how the disconnector is sitting by the trigger. I don't know about the TK trigger, but the disconnector can move in/out of a VQ trigger out 1/16". Thus you end up with either excess pretravel or long forward movement to get reliable resets.

I added a shim to keep the disconnector out against my frame. Then I was able to remove more pretravel (and have shorter return travel) while still having reliable resets.

#3 ·
Thank you sir! I think that shim is the ticket to accomplish more than I hoped. I have what I feel is a bit more pre travel than I'd like , in addition to the problem mentioned. I have not been able to get rid of it and still get reliable reset.

It just occurred to me that I think the overtravel screw had a nylon tip on it when I installed it. It is no longer there. I'll readjust and report back.

I am not sure what would be suitable for a shim. I'll look around my spare parts. Would you have a suggestion of what to use for that?

Thanks again,

Jeff

#4 ·
I'm back...

The overtravel adjustment screw had to be the problem. I was able to turn it in about 1/2 turn.

I really have no gap to speak of in the area you pointed out in your photo, so my question about the shim isn't relevant.

The reset does feel much better now. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.