CZ 457 2-stage trigger.. Bscar does it again! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:30 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
CZ 457 2-stage trigger.. Bscar does it again!

A while back there was a thread, and in it there was some expressed interest in a 2-stage trigger for the CZ 457.

Well... Wait no longer. Bscar has come through for us! He sent me the pictured trigger a week ago so that I could put it through it's paces.

All I can say is WOW! Bill has done it again! It's every bit as nice of a trigger as the one that he designed and sells for the 455.

The trigger arrived preset at 6 and 12 oz, per my request. The first stage is smooth, and then you hit the 2nd stage wall. There is no mistaking the wall, it is very definite. Then apply a little more pressure and "the glass breaks". The break is very crisp and clean.

One of my biggest complaints with the stock CZ trigger is the trigger blade profile. The cross section is "D" shaped and the front part that my finger engages is smooth and round. It's proved to be a bad combo in matches. Especially with bullet lube on my finger. This trigger is much flatter and I can get a much better and consistent purchase with my finger pad.

Bill is trying to gauge interest, so make sure to let him know via this thread or PM.

All I can say is that I have mine and the stock trigger isn't going back on...EVER! This one got installed on my test rifle. Now I need one for my match rifle!

I forgot to mention how consistent the pull is... I didn't need to average. It was identical on 8 of 8 pulls measured with my cheap wheeler gauge. 👍
Attachments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200515_121922.jpg (483.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20200515_135956.jpg (501.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 20200515_144643.jpg (516.9 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-22-2020, 04:49 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
LOL.....Nice, Rick...

What can he take his triggers down to? If he's building some stuff for guys who want to use their rifles from the bench, he might wanna think about a flat blade option. Speaking of bench, does he do any single stage?

Remember those crap Fly triggers? I'm glad someone has an option for that junk.

Next time I speak to John Langley, I gotta remember to ask him how many of those 455 triggers he ended up building...Hope it was enough to pay for his time...

Make sure ya tell the boys I said, hi....Happy Memorial Day to you and your family.

Bob

Last edited by dnttech; 05-22-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:47 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Looking forward to seeing them on his website. Any idea of cost yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 06:03 PM
JimSC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just a wild guess here but it seems as if you like it
Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnttech View Post
LOL.....Nice, Rick...

What can he take his triggers down to? If he's building some stuff for guys who want to use their rifles from the bench, he might wanna think about a flat blade option. Speaking of bench, does he do any single stage?

Remember those crap Fly triggers? I'm glad someone has an option for that junk.

Next time I speak to John Langley, I gotta remember to ask him how many of those 455 triggers he ended up building...Hope it was enough to pay for his time...

Make sure ya tell the boys I said, hi....Happy Memorial Day to you and your family.

Bob
Howdy Bob!

Good to hear from you! I've sent a message to Bill to find out how low it can adjust. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. These are a slightly different animal from the 455 2-stage triggers that he makes, but the 455 version can be adjusted so that it is a single stage and down in the single digit pull weight. I asked both weight and if it can be adjusted for a single stage.

Yes, I remember the Fly triggers.. They were a nice thought by CZ, but lousy execution!!! The Fly trigger is what motivated and inspired Bill to design and produce a real 2-stage trigger for the 455.

I'll tell the boys hello for you. Cam always gets a warm smile whenever I tell him that you said hello.

I hope that your boys are both safe and healthy, and Julie hasn't been driven completely crazy by you yet.. Last I heard she was chasing you with a frying pan for who know what reason this time! LOL

Seriously, I hope you all are well and happy!

I'll let you know what I find out about the trigger.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Merlin View Post
Looking forward to seeing them on his website. Any idea of cost yet?
I think he's trying to work that out as we speak. It depends on how much interest there is. The price will be lower if he's mass producing parts as opposed to a small handful.

Stay tuned and I'll let you know what I find out. Or, you could shoot him a PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:42 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSC View Post
Just a wild guess here but it seems as if you like it
Haha! Yeah, I'd definitely say so!
Old 05-22-2020, 10:49 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
If anyone decides that they want one of these triggers and would like a picture tutorial on installation, I'd be happy to do a thread on how to install one. It's pretty straightforward and simple. The hardest part is getting the little e-clip positioned and back on the end of the rear pin. Do that and it's smooth sailing the rest of the way. It's probably a 15 to 20 minute job to remove the CZ trigger and replace it with Bills trigger.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 AM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Well, i'd rather her chase me with a pan than a 45...she's gotten pretty good with a double tap....lol

Having Mr. Langley build her a Trident somewhat like mine...She likes to "hog" mine when we get to the range and make me watch her shoot...heck with that, she can have her own....lol

Messing with Jaia down in the long range rimfire...told him I'll do a 5-shot, 1/4 - 1/2" group at 200 just to show him it can be done......Might take awhile, the last effort at 100 took me a year...lol.

Bob
Old 05-23-2020, 09:31 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (108)
Rick

I would love to see an installation video. Thanks for the offer.

Jerry
Old 05-23-2020, 11:36 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
This could cause me problems.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 PM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
A nice trigger is like a nice scope (among other things). The best one you ever experience becomes the worst one you really want.

From RickBaum's review, this sounds like a great option to have for the 457. A great trigger significantly enhances shooting enjoyment, IMO.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:33 PM
cbailey56
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Lovely Bedford County Virginia. Quiet house on 60 acres, wooded
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
would love a good trigger, got mine down to 8 0unces but hate the blade.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:22 PM
pmpski_1
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I guess a 457 isn't totally out of the picture for me down the road. I've got two of BScars triggers in a couple 455s, thinking about buying another for the third one.

I bought a new 455 instead of a 457 a little while back, specifically so I could put a BScar trigger in it.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:42 PM
dogtrialerguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I bought a two stage for my cz 455 bench gun its adjusted to 3oz / 3oz. I'm very happy with mine.