Jumped Into The BMAG Pond - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-23-2020, 07:42 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

My cheek riser is coming along nicely. But, in fitting I couldn't move the scope forward any further. So I ordered a picatinny scope mount from DIProductsInc and it arrived. But, I don't have the proper hex key to remove the stock mounts. So, I'm stuck waiting for a new hex key bit set to arrive.

First World problems, I know. God, forgive me, sometimes I'm such a spoiled brat.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:54 PM
ohlongarm

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
My cheek riser is coming along nicely. But, in fitting I couldn't move the scope forward any further. So I ordered a picatinny scope mount from DIProductsInc and it arrived. But, I don't have the proper hex key to remove the stock mounts. So, I'm stuck waiting for a new hex key bit set to arrive.

First World problems, I know. God, forgive me, sometimes I'm such a spoiled brat.
I've had my bmag 6 weeks and still haven't got it together,rings didn't fit,sent for new ones then the scope ran out of adjustment,ordered new rings third set now.If these don't work the first $200 gets the rifle.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlongarm View Post
I've had my bmag 6 weeks and still haven't got it together,rings didn't fit,sent for new ones then the scope ran out of adjustment,ordered new rings third set now.If these don't work the first $200 gets the rifle.
Hmm. That's strange. What rings did you buy and what scope are you trying to mount?
Old 05-24-2020, 12:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, the hex key set arrived and it even has the 3/32 key!

Boo!!! Savage used cheap hex bolts that all stared instantly when attempting to remove. Only one was able to break free. Three will have to be extracted.

Hey, Savage bean counters. This is seriously annoying and so unnecessary.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Bradical; 05-24-2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 05-24-2020, 04:38 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bye, bye cheap soft steel hex screws

The steal was so soft with these hex screws that when I was drilling them out for the extractor I thought that they were aluminium until the magnet grabbed up all the ribbons of steel. There was a clue that they were junk in that they were already slightly starred from being torqued on.

One down, three to go ...

Degreased and ready for the new rail ...

[IMG][/IMG]

Purple Lock Tite and finger felt to about 8 to 12 inch pounds. (Should I really drop $50+ on a made in China inch pound screw driver ) Now wait 24 hours for the Lock-Tite to dry.

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wanted to have a little extra magnification for the groundhogs I'd be scoping out to 200+ yards over the 9X Nikon Buckmaster I was borrowing from my son. A search of the scope thread revealed other RFC members having been very happy with the Vortex Crossfire II series. What do ya know, a search on ebay and voila! There's a very nice, "barely used," Vortex Crossfire II 4x12-40 that also included a huge 4" sun shade about to end it's auction - snag. The deal was better than I could have done on Optics Planet and effectively bought several boxes of ammo with the $$s saved I don't know about the sunshade though. Not sure I want it on the rifle in the field since I've never really needed one before. I may sell it.

The DIProducts mount was definitely needed to get these scopes forward enough for the proper eye relief. As you can see in this photo the scope had to be mounted as far forward as possible, for me anyway. It's tough to see in the shadow of this photo, but the rear ring is in the most forward position on the mount. Fortunately, it sets up nicely in this position with a mocked up cheek riser. I should be able to mount my custom built cheek riser soon. It's turning out very nicely, IMO - you can see it in the background of the photo.

I'm really itching to get this rifle to the range and sight it in. Fingers that it's a shooter.

[IMG][/IMG]