Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2020, 04:11 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How many PCP owners here?

Been big into PCPs for 5 years or so. Tried many different kinds and was fun. Decided to join here now that I ordered a Tikka T1X .22lr. Was surprised to see an airgun section. Some might recognize me from airgun forums and I'm sure if your on any of them I'll likely recognize you! I have a Taipan Veteran Long .22 with the CZ barrel. That's what I'm down to after all the many others I've owned. Decided to focus on one great one.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:51 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyboy View Post
Been big into PCPs for 5 years or so. Tried many different kinds and was fun. Decided to join here now that I ordered a Tikka T1X .22lr. Was surprised to see an airgun section. Some might recognize me from airgun forums and I'm sure if your on any of them I'll likely recognize you! I have a Taipan Veteran Long .22 with the CZ barrel. That's what I'm down to after all the many others I've owned. Decided to focus on one great one.

Dairyboy-

Hey, a NEW Member...

WELCOME to RFC!!!

LOVE MY PCPS!!!

If you’re the same Dairyboy I know from Airgun Nation & GTA forums, you may recall that I started my foray into PCPs last year. I have a Daystate Regal XL (non regulated) in .177, and an Artemis M11 in .25.
I’ve been a member here under 2 profiles going back to 2007 or so, and became a mod 8 years ago. I had lost my username/password from the old account, so I started over. One thing I noticed pretty quickly was that the GTA community is very similar to the great group here at RFC- lots of helpful people that are generous with their time, advice, and parts. In fact, one of the mods over at GTA indulged me and started a pay it forward gate over there which seems to be going well.

Regards,

DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 05-22-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:04 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah I remember you! You wanted a good PCP for practicing silhouette shooting. And looking for a good scope to pair it with. I posted in a few of your threads. From what you've shown that Regal is an excellent shooter. My .22 Regal XL was the same but was wayyyy too pretty to take out on the dairy. Great to see a familiar face on here. Didn't know you were a mod on here but I'm excited to be apart of this forum. Thanks for the welcome!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 07:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Belong to GTA and AGNATION. Welcome aboard and just like the air gun forums we are here to help you spend your money.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:59 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm a PCP owner as well. Been on AGN a long time.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:27 PM
PigButtons
US Air Force Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Plenty of PCP shooters here at RFC. Welcome DB, we're glad to have you here. The Air Rifle and Air Pistol forums are a little slow but lots of good information and plenty of opportunity to help others with encouragement and advice.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:17 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh yeah I recognize you guys as well! Awesome. Yes I hope I can help others here in the airgun section as others can help me with rimfire knowledge.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:05 AM
tmen52

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Send a message via AIM to tmen52
I too am a pcp owner, as well as spring / piston guns. Also member at AGN and GTA.

Got into pcp 3 years ago with a mrod and a hand pump, that didn't last too long, not that the mrod was a bust, it shot "ok" but I read a lot, and you know what that can lead to. Sold the mrod and pump,,,, now I own 3 higher end pcp and a 45min tank for refills. It's called the "darkside" for a reason.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:11 AM
arcojet
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Another PCP guy here. I've been through quite a few trying them out. 3 Impacts, 2 Crowns, 2 Wildcats, 1 Cricket, but none of them has the accuracy of my old original FX Royal 500.
Still have a few Marauders that I have more money into then I could ever sell them for.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:55 AM
mobilemail

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PCP owner - guilty as charged!

Couple of (highly modified) Benjis
Couple of Daystates
BSA

Every time I start looking at an airgun over 1K I just start thinking about the nice rimfires I could buy!!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:30 AM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm over on GTA, too, under NCG. We have several PCPs, including a Steyr LP-10 and Daystate CR-97 which you don't often see. Also a Disco and Mrod. In truth, though, I shoot springers much more than the PCPs, but have had some injuries in the last few years that made cocking a springer a problem. PCPs to the rescue by filling them from the scuba tank.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:55 AM
noyp54

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I too have PCP air rifles. Started with break barrel rifles and moved on . This situation now forced me too buy a cheap air compressor just to top off my a/g. Have a 25 yard range beside my house. Have fun and satisfy my boredome. BTW all have moderator as not to disturb my neighbors.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:10 PM
dgeesaman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you don't count a Crosman or Daisy 853, then my PCPs are a RAW HM1000x .30 and an Anschutz / Zasadny 2002.

David
Old 05-23-2020, 02:51 PM
Cstar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
PCP’s

I have a couple of good PCP’s. A Thomas for bench rest and another set up for field Target. But I shoot my HW98 just as much also on Airgun Nation.

Corky
Old 05-23-2020, 03:19 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I currently own 4 PCP Airguns and have a 50 yd range in my backyard. The initial investment is huge, but to me was worth it .I have different post here showing my backyard friendly targets. I never joined an air gun forum as I just don't have the time ,but I do go there when I need air gun advice. I think you will enjoy this forum , great people and advice here as well.