Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:02 AM
kroc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have an itch to scratch

Have always wanted a 77/22 that was accurate! Read so much negatives through the years about really good accuracy as a whole. Have a couple of questions. What are the differences in some of the butt pads being black, red and plastic. Also, some barrels have sights. Different models. year of production, etc. Along with wood vs. synthetic ( I'm fairly confident in synthetic being a later production ).

Thanks for your time.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:58 PM
1raggedhole
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There are dozens of configs made over the years, including very early synthetics (boat paddles), but there are really only two major variations. Earlier version had external bolt release and wedge clamped barrel similar to 10/22. Latest version has hidden bolt release the requires a knife blade, and barrels are threaded into receiver. Most will require some trigger work if you are picky. Accuracy will vary like all production rifles. Play with ammo first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2020, 01:39 PM
kroc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1raggedhole-

Thanks for the response. I inherited a 77/22 with a thumbhole stock, Timney trigger and a Volquartsen weighted barrel. Really shoots well BUT is awkward as heck in the woods. It's an older version which does not have the threaded barrel. It sounds like it would take quite a bit to put a original stock and barrel on it and be comparable in accuracy to my CZ452.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2020, 07:58 PM
1raggedhole
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroc View Post
1raggedhole-

Thanks for the response. I inherited a 77/22 with a thumbhole stock, Timney trigger and a Volquartsen weighted barrel. Really shoots well BUT is awkward as heck in the woods. It's an older version which does not have the threaded barrel. It sounds like it would take quite a bit to put a original stock and barrel on it and be comparable in accuracy to my CZ452.

If it’s the older clamp barrel, easy to change. Order a Lilja. Stock from Boyd’s, many options. You could make it into a very accurate sporter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2020, 05:44 PM
SquirrelAssassin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelAssassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroc View Post
1raggedhole-

No it won't. After I purchased my first 77/22, I replaced the barrel, sear and spring, and had it the stock pillar bed. With all the work done, my 77/22 is super accurate and I'm shooting HV Ammo to boot. Squirrels fear this rifle
Old 05-19-2020, 06:18 PM
kroc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SA-
Which barrel did you put on?

Thanks