Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:58 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best Corona Virus Deals on TCR22?

I see Bass Pro listing the green stock with dot for $299. Now I've watched some videos and I'm tempted. Seems like a nice gun at that price not much different than a lesser quality 10/22. Some people have gotten their gun much cheaper but they haven't been on my radar till now. So tell me where is the best deal right now!
Old 05-14-2020, 09:06 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I grabbed mine from CDNN but think they are sold out. I just got my trigger bck from Brimstone, so excited to get this rifle up and running.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:04 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CDNN usually means discontinued????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2020, 08:47 AM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That deal you mentioned is the best deal right now. You could always check gun deals.

The current situation we are in everything is priced close to retail unfortunately.

I think the tcr22 is a great deal when i compare it to my rugers. The only thing i thought that was lacking was factory finish on the barrel.

Performance and value is very good. If u replace the trigger with a kidd kit and maybe the barrel if you wanted. Youd be into the gun for very little and have a great shooter.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:59 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc. View Post
CDNN usually means discontinued????
I don't think so.

Of late, more than a few things (rifles) long ago ordered by 'Dick's' (no comments please!) have made their way to CDNN for disposal.

Mine was a 'bundle', rifle, case and a laser thingy. I really like my TC/R22 I'm still struggling with accuracy, hence the trigger job. I've only shot CCI SV ammo and some Federal Gold Medal through mine.

I mounted a Weaver RV-9 scope to mine but again in all fairness, need some trigger time to fully wring out the rifle. Sadly the 'rona-19' has the local shootin' range closed down. The rifle is super light and oh so handy. I really like mine. Excited to further test them!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:15 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So what do you get with the TCR besides the machined aluminum receiver and extended bolt handle?

Do they have the hole for cleaning pre drilled?

Do they 2 pinned bolt firing pins?

Are trigger groups billet aluminum or plastic?

What parts are plastic if any?
Old 05-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
So what do you get with the TCR besides the machined aluminum receiver and extended bolt handle?

It's not a whole lot different than an OEM 10/22.

No cleaning hole.

No pinned firing pin.

Polymer trigger group.

Same plastic parts as a 10/22.

The only difference I can see is that the fit and finish on the TCR seems to be a little better than a standard 10/22 carbine. Even though most parts are interchangeable I still prefer the 10/22 for aftermarket support. Also for $299 you can get a Target Model 10/22.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:16 PM
jtf650

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Actually, it does have the cleaning hole. As well as a threaded barrel, fiber optic front sight, ghost ring rear sight, integral rail machined into the receiver, last shot hold open with T/C mags, auto bolt release, Magpul stock with M-LOK attachment points (if that matters to you), and maybe some other stuff I can't remember.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:21 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I thought one picture I saw showed a pinned bolt up front but I am not sure. It seems like a lot of good for the money. Current Rugers are rough!
Old 05-16-2020, 08:45 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf650 View Post
Actually, it does have the cleaning hole. As well as a threaded barrel, fiber optic front sight, ghost ring rear sight, integral rail machined into the receiver, last shot hold open with T/C mags, auto bolt release, Magpul stock with M-LOK attachment points (if that matters to you), and maybe some other stuff I can't remember.
I missed the rear cleaning hole..... 😞
Old 05-16-2020, 09:53 PM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:

Has cleaning hole.
Has pinned firing pin.
Has last bolt hold.
Nice bolt handle.
Extractor seems to be nicer cut than rugers
Machined receiver.
Plastic trigger group.
Wider trigger blade
Machined bolt. Not cast like ruger. Oem headspace is 0.050

Tolerances in my example seem to be better than rugers. Bolt doesnt seem to rattle as much. Bolt seems to ride straighter. Probably because everything is machined. Not cast like ruger.

I think its a great deal as mentioned. Is it as nice as my kidd supergrade. No. It doesnt cost as much either and id be happy with a kidd trigger kit in the tcr22 as is.

Want more accuracy. Add any aftermarket barrel. They all fit. From kidd green mountain and Feddersen. If you read they dont fit, the person got a wrong part or doesn’t know how to install a barrel.

Imo. This is a better base to start upgrading than from a ruger 10/22 cost wise

Last edited by dvang; 05-16-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:22 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Why is it a better base for a build. I'm not arguing the fact that it's a nice rifle for the $. I just think if your going to be building one your better off starting with an aftermarket receiver or buying an OEM 10/22. Given the price of the TCR it's going to cost you more $. If you just want to drop in a barrel and do a trigger job then maybe it's the way to go. But if your doing a full build your basically paying $300+ just for an OEM receiver. It's also going to be much harder to sell takeoff parts for the TCR than it is for the 10/22.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:02 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A pinned bolt is $100. A factory bolt $30
+$70 for TC
A machined receiver is not offered by Ruger which also doesn't have the cleaning hole.
+$50 for TC to be conservative
A Kidd Bolt Handle feels better and runs smoother.
+$35 for TC
Now the barrel has threading. Not an option for most 10/22s.
Let's give TC $50 for that.
So even if you don't care about the trigger or the bolt hold open the TC is really competitive with a stock Ruger you are going to start swapping out parts.
And I bet the threaded TC barrel would bring decent money over a factory 10/22 barrel. I think the TC is a viable base for a custom build or good as is depending on what you want to do with it.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:00 PM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
To add

Anoized receiver. Doesnt chip and flake off when i look at it.
Machined rail.
Fit and finish is nicer over all. I dont have burrs and boogers hanging off of it in places.
Barrel hole that has been bored into it is straighter. A big one to me.
Stainless pins.
Trigger unit seems to fit tighter in to receiver.

Im sure other small details. The ruger works. Id just prefer the tcr at this point.

To each his own. Good luck and have fun with any choice.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:46 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Like I said out of the box I think it is a good rifle for a good price. I just don't think it's a good base for a custom build.