Race Gun - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:29 PM
Cowpokey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
why wouldn't Boyd's ship to you? are thumbhole stocks illegal in your state?

if they are, you better get rid of that Nomad
No idea why Boyd's won't ship here. It's just a piece of wood.

Thumbhole stocks are legal.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
If weight is the concern, you want the Blackhawk stock. My wife's rifle with a WhistlePig and red dot is 3.8 pounds.
I like wood furniture.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:30 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpokey View Post
No idea why Boyd's won't ship here. It's just a piece of wood.

Thumbhole stocks are legal.
with thumbhole stocks being legal in your state I have no idea as to why they wouldn't ship one out to you

when I was living in NJ, which is very restrictive, they sent me one

of course this was before NY state (which was where my grandparents farm a.k.a. my shooting range/hunting grounds was located) banned thunbhole stocks putting that build on hold
Old 05-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
with thumbhole stocks being legal in your state I have no idea as to why they wouldn't ship one out to you

when I was living in NJ, which is very restrictive, they sent me one

of course this was before NY state (which was where my grandparents farm a.k.a. my shooting range/hunting grounds was located) banned thunbhole stocks putting that build on hold
I have no idea either. I tried buying a gun from a dealer in Texas that had a blanket statement that they wouldn't ship any guns to several states; MD, NY, NJ, MA, and CA were on that list. The gun I was trying to buy was on the "approved" list for MD, but it was still a no go. I can understand why dealers would do it though; they have people buy guns, ship them to the FFL and they have to be sent back because the state it was purchased from won't allow it. No hard feelings on my part, just frustrating...especially since a stock is just a piece of wood. Oh well, I'm really happy with the Revolution stock, it's really nice.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:08 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
DOH! I completely forgot to put in my previous post that I bought my Boyd's stocks on Fleabay from 1022RaceRifle. It appears they now have or have always had a website so you can buy direct and they ship to Commiefornia.

They aren't the cheapest, but they shipped fast and had a good selection of other parts.

Nolan
Old 05-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
DOH! I completely forgot to put in my previous post that I bought my Boyd's stocks on Fleabay from 1022RaceRifle. It appears they now have or have always had a website so you can buy direct and they ship to Commiefornia.

They aren't the cheapest, but they shipped fast and had a good selection of other parts.

Nolan
Dang...they have the Blue Barracuda I wanted. I looked at their fleabay "store" when I was shopping for the stock. They didn't have that one listed last week, must have just got it in. Oh well, I'll keep them in mind for next time.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:36 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Decided to get a set of these:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015371829

I already have a Magpul MS4 Dual QD Sling GEN2, and want the option of putting a bipod on the new build or running a sling without having studs sticking out when I want the stock "nekid". Anyone run these on a "race gun"? I will drill and tap the holes, along with epoxy.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:38 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not much of an update for today, still waiting on the Kidd parts to come in. I did get the quick disconnect adapters in the mail today, so I got those put in. The front when in pretty much as expected...the rear, not so much. I don't have a drill press, so the holes were done with a hand held drill and 1/2" forstner bit, the threaded with 9/16" 1 18 UNF taps.

The rear hole went in at an angle unfortunately, so I had to take some wood off behind the socket in order for it to be flush at the front. Looks a little weird, but functions perfectly.

Edit add: The sockets added 0.3 oz to the total weight of the stock, up from 2# 5.7oz to 2# 6oz.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front-socket.jpg (463.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg back-socket.jpg (276.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Cowpokey; 05-23-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-23-2020, 08:02 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
I'm surprised that you ordered your Kidd barrel on the 13th and still don't have it. I'm further from Kidd than you are and I always get my orders in 2-3 days to my door. I ordered a couple triggers from them a couple weeks ago and had them 2 days later so I don't think it has anything to do with shipping being behind right now.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:10 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I'm surprised that you ordered your Kidd barrel on the 13th and still don't have it. I'm further from Kidd than you are and I always get my orders in 2-3 days to my door. I ordered a couple triggers from them a couple weeks ago and had them 2 days later so I don't think it has anything to do with shipping being behind right now.
I think it's because I ordered a receiver (along with everything else), they've had a notice on the website for a while saying "expect two week delay" for them. Hopefully everything is here by Friday.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:52 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpokey View Post
Quote:
I think it's because I ordered a receiver (along with everything else), they've had a notice on the website for a while saying "expect two week delay" for them. Hopefully everything is here by Friday.
Yeah that would explain it. I thought you already had the receiver. It will still probably arrive at your FFL quicker than the 2 weeks.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Yeah that would explain it. I thought you already had the receiver. It will still probably arrive at your FFL quicker than the 2 weeks.
Ditto! Kidd has been one of the companies that has consistently under-promised and over-delivered in my experience.

Nolan