Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

looking for advice

529 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Shrek 
#1 ·
I have a choice of 3 guns, $200 for choice.
I get to buy one!
These all are used but in near perfect condition
Henry H001 lever action 22LR.....
Henry H002 lever action .22 magnum......
Rossi 59 pump action 22 magnum.
Anybody own one or used one of these?????
Which would you choose???
I already own pump and lever action guns in these calibers, so that does not help me make my choice.

Thanks everyone!

#5 ·

While I use a .22LR H001 for small game, but when I'm out calling predators I switch to a .22WMR.

If the .22WMR is used on small game, there won't be much left, unless FMJ boolits are used.

If your loaded up with FMJ's and a coyote comes along, you'll be better off giving it an earache, since there usually won't be enough time to switch loads.

So, YMMV.:p

#7 · (Edited)

While I use a .22LR H001 for small game, but when I'm out calling predators I switch to a .22WMR.

If the .22WMR is used on small game, there won't be much left, unless FMJ boolits are used.

If your loaded up with FMJ's and a coyote comes along, you'll be better off giving it an earache, since there usually won't be enough time to switch loads.

So, YMMV.:p

Headshots on squirrel mean you don't waste any meat ;)
Same for rabbits!

I'd be all over the Rossi first, then the Lever Henry in .22WMR...then the .22lr last.

#6 ·
The Henrys are great rifles. I have an H001 and I bought one for my daughter so I could use mine!

Saying that, I would be sorely tempted to get the Rossi 22WMR. They are carbon copies of the Winchester 62's. I had a 62A years ago and it was stolen while I was in college. About the time it disappeared, Winchester quit making the 62, and the price had gone up about 10X from when I purchased mine. I went back to my roots and bought the Browning ATD. [$78 and change at the local hardware store in 1960]

About 1980 I stumbled on a Rossi .22 clone and snapped it up for a $100. It shoots as true and fun as my original 62. I would buy the .22WMR in a heartbeat. And at $200, it is quickly a no brainer.

VH :eek:man:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.