Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Sako Quad Wood Stocks? (Large Images!)

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  dbuffington 
#1 ·
Hi Folks!

I'm try to figure out how many different wood stocks Sako has offered for the Quad. I've seen at least four:

Also, there's the Range stock, which I don't have a handy photo of.

Are there more? And what are they officially called? And are any of these the "Pro" stock?

Thanks!
Dave

See less See more
#15 ·
That rifle came from my good friend Rick Pool's estate, he, I and the manager at Mace Sports had the three best looking ones I've seen and literally dozens passed through Mace during the sell off. I had the worst of the bunch. Which I eventually sold to a member here. I had a total of 2 Hunters and 3 synthetics at that time.

Rick had this one and Don swears he has the best one of all...I've never seen it but knowing him and the fact he got first look at them all I'm sure he does.

Rick died unexpectedly from complications after a massive heart attack, his sister and daughter asked me to help them sell off his very large collection. I knew this rifle was there and staked my claim, got the rifle and a total of six barrels. Another of his friends did the pricing, so I had no control over that. I ended up with a total of 14 or 15 of his guns. I have not fired it, it has one of two .17m2 barrels on it. I intend to fire it at some point.

#16 ·
Man, that rifle is awesome. Better than the one you had and for sure nicer than mine.
You cost me a lot of money back then. :mad: But I forgive you.:D I love both the Quads you put me onto.
In truth I want to thank you for doing so.
So............Thank you Gerald.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.