Is Tippmann Customer Service Non-Existent? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:33 PM
drummer1836

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tippmann Customer Service

Updated to add that I contacted Tippmann a second time via their customer service portal and received a reply a couple of days later with a return authorization.

They ended up doing several things to the rifle.

In the end, they came through on it. The initial response was frustrating. I would encourage anyone having issues to continue trying the portal until you receive a response.

Last edited by drummer1836; 09-25-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:35 PM
Bonn2015
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
It is a shame

I had the same problem as you but with better luck . Tippmann makes a really nice rifle and I think the problem is lack of help or management . If you can get Gary in customer service he will give you the correct information. I think that is his name. Keep calling.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:16 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer1836 View Post
It makes me wonder how much longer they'll be in business. No communication is not an indicator of sound business practices.
May I offer another perspective?

This is coming from someone who also had multiple calls to Tippmann go without response.

However, I filled out the on line warranty form (for a purely cosmetic issue) and the response to that was nearly instantaneous.

The shocking growth in demand for their products has, after a long wait, started to be met only in the past 2 or 3 months.

Consequently, the number of customer inquiries has skyrocketed past their staffing ability. How many people even exist in or near Fort Wayne who have the skills and knowledge needed to return your call, much less could be hired, trained, and deployed?

I note that neither S&W nor Taurus return customer service messages, either, not that this is an excuse. None of these firms are at risk of "going out of business" though.

Sig and Ruger have top tier responsiveness, by personal experience, so yes, it CAN be done. But you need time to build a staff commensurate with sales. And even if people were available (these days, the government pays more than many jobs, just to sit home) you don't want to hire people only to let them go later when demand slacks off.

Not making excuses here. Tippmann staff should at least check into this forum (like they used to), which has a direct link from their website. That should be someone's job. But it's the demand being filled -- growth of the business -- that has the ironic effect of service availability taking a hopefully temporary hit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2021, 01:52 PM
toppkatt

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
No I had a warranty issue and Gary took care of it very fast. I bought a new M4-22 and within a week and one half I had it returned to Tippmann and back to me.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...5#post12324305
I had great service.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:13 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guess I was lucky.

Filled out the on-line warranty claim form on a friday evening and monday afternoon got email notification the part was shipped.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:42 AM
RMarkus
Law Enforcement Officer Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought an Elite rifle two weeks ago. When I got it home, I flipped up the sights that came on it and found that they were both rear sights. I made a warranty claim on their website that night, but haven't heard a thing since.

Last edited by RMarkus; 07-17-2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-17-2021, 08:52 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I live near Ft. Wayne and believe Tippmann has the same personnel problems the rest of our area has. Can't find anyone willing to work.
There is literally a help wanted sign in every place of business I see..

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2021, 11:07 AM
RMarkus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethpa View Post
I live near Ft. Wayne and believe Tippmann has the same personnel problems the rest of our area has. Can't find anyone willing to work.
There is literally a help wanted sign in every place of business I see..

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
That's unfortunate. I really don't need a replacement sight since I put some Magpul offset PRO sights on it. I just hope they get things squared away if I ever have a bigger issue. I've been pretty impressed with the rifle so far.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:54 PM
wmgeorge64
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That is why I did not buy one, got a HK416 instead at least they answer the phones!
Old 07-20-2021, 11:18 PM
RMarkus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmgeorge64 View Post
That is why I did not buy one, got a HK416 instead at least they answer the phones!

Those are just another rebadged Umarex. I knew I didn't want one of those.

A front sight was just shipped today. It seems like they get to the issues, it just takes a while. I am extremely pleased with this rifle so far, so hopefully they can get their customer service issues straightened out. That's where a company's reputation really makes a difference.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:00 AM
wmgeorge64
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarkus View Post
Those are just another rebadged Umarex. I knew I didn't want one of those.

A front sight was just shipped today. It seems like they get to the issues, it just takes a while. I am extremely pleased with this rifle so far, so hopefully they can get their customer service issues straightened out. That's where a company's reputation really makes a difference.
I had great response from HK for the question I had. What difference does it make who makes the firearm? Kind of like saying those M1 rifles made by Singer or IBM are not real guns. As long as they honor the warranty and the functions as it is suppose to its all the same.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:57 PM
ResilientArms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We are a Tippmann Arms dealer https://www.resilient-arms.com/shop/ and speak with them several times a week. If you have any issues PM me or email us at [email protected] and I'll try and help out. I've had a few people on forums with the same issues and we got them support either the same day or within a few days.