Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Indy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Support
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thumbs up Fire Sights by Williams

For Christmas, my wife and I decided to buy a pair of Taurus PT111 Melinnium Pro 9mms. She needed something more reliable than what she had, and I wanted something smaller but still be able to handle properly with larger hands.

I finally got a chance to take them to a local indoor range the other day to check them out, make sure everything worked, etc. One thing that I was immediately disappointed with were the Heinie "Straight 8" sights. Perhaps because of my not so perfect eyesight, but I just couldn't acclimate to this type of sight.

Lining up the two white dots to get the "8" wasn't going to cut it for me. So, after looking for better sights I elected to order a couple of sets of Fire Sights by Williams. They arrived today and I've got them mounted and ready to go. When I first raised the gun to take aim, I was blown away. Not only do I have my three linear "Novak" style dots back, I have the additional hi viz green and red dots. These things are simply amazing!! I can't wait until I get back to the range and try them out for real.

Relatively good price too. I purchased these for $36 per gun which I thought was very reasonable. Dovetail fits were perfect. I would definitely recommend the Fire Sights to anyone. In fact, I'm going to replace the sights on my Ruger P95DC as well. The Ruger has the Novak type sights and is deadly accurate, but the Fire Sights should greatly improve my overall shooting experience with the P95.

Just my .$05 worth in case anyone was thinking about trying them out for themselves.

Indy

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (150)
Hard to beat fiber optics for sights. Looks like someone just turned on a tiny bulb for the bead. I use them on shotguns as well. Really easy to see for those of us with old eyes.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
bluestraw
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
For Christmas, my wife and I decided to buy a pair of Taurus PT111 Melinnium Pro 9mms.
First off...'I bow at your feet oh mighty one'! Would you please enlighten some of us as to how you attained the power of the Jedi?

Anyway, congrats on the 9's and the sights. I was shopping for those sights for a New Model Single Six and I think the best prices I could find were around $49. Could ya tell me where you picked yours up at?

Thanks,
Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Indy

RFC Support
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This is where I purchased them from: http://www.opticsplanet.net/williams...iresights.html

My actual price was $34.95 each. (I was off a buck.05 when I posted.)

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Old 02-22-2009, 02:28 AM
babydeuce
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My wife bought the PT140 40 cal version, put 100 rounds through it, and sold it! She hated the sights (I did not care for them either), and the grips dug into her hands. Right after she sold it, she stole my Springfield XD40

Anyway, the "straight eight" is definitely not for everyone, and Williams sights are a nice upgrade on just about anything. I have several on different rimfire rifles.

Jack
Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 PM
bluestraw
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
This is where I purchased them from: http://www.opticsplanet.net/williams...iresights.html

My actual price was $34.95 each. (I was off a buck.05 when I posted.)
Thank you! Now how do I get this approved by the War Dept?