Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:07 PM
nemohunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
95% (77)

Vincent i beg to differ. Tactical in NOT about killing people. The phrase tactical was coined to describe the tactics being developed for defense not offense. there usually aint nothing "tactical" about the weapons that killers use. they use whatever they can get thier hands on. be it a gun, knife, ball bat whatever. a killer will kill by whatever means needed to do the job. they dont go out looking for an AR or High cap 10/22 they scronge or steal whatever they can get to do the job. i would do the same thing IF i needed to do such a thing. if somebody or something were a threat i would do whatever is needed to remove that threat by whatever means necessary.

using Kalifornia as an example for gun law is trying to explain to the pig that the butcher is really his friend. come on now piggy i know it's cold in this meat locker but the butcher will keep you warm. yeah right. Kali is long gone and if you like guns and live there i feal for ya. inside a few years i would be surprised if you can even own a gun there.

Last edited by nemohunter; 02-01-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemohunter View Post
Vincent i beg to differ. Tactical in NOT about killing people. The phrase tactical was coined to describe the tactics being developed for defense not offense. there usually aint nothing "tactical" about the weapons that killers use. they use whatever they can get thier hands on. be it a gun, knife, ball bat whatever. a killer will kill by whatever means needed to do the job. they dont go out looking for an AR or High cap 10/22 they scronge or steal whatever they can get to do the job. i would do the same thing IF i needed to do such a thing. if somebody or something were a threat i would do whatever is needed to remove that threat by whatever means necessary.

using Kalifornia as an example for gun law is trying to explain to the pig that the butcher is really his friend. come on now piggy i know it's cold in this meat locker but the butcher will keep you warm. yeah right. Kali is long gone and if you like guns and live there i feal for ya. inside a few years i would be surprised if you can even own a gun there.

nemo we can differ here. "Tactical" started with the emergence of Swat Teams and the Special Forces. Nothing defensive about either of those groups.

Look what the industry calls tactical. Black knives. Black rifles, Black shotguns. I have nothing against any of these other than the image it gives the public of gun owners. I LIKE ARs, I do not like AKs but it is because they are not very accurate and feel really klugy. Not because they are "tactical"

I used the CA example because more and more of the country is going that way. N.J. and NYC as well as MASS. all have stricter gun laws than CA. It is WAY easier to buy a gun in CA than N.J.

I will warn everyone here.......we can discuss this subject to any end but we will be civil to each other in SuperStock. If this gets nasty I will close it.

That said I am going to try to stay out of it from this point out. Not saying I will have nothing to say but you all know how I feel because I just told you. Discuss all you please but be nice to each other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
still dont unnerstand why "tactical" builds was even brought up here??

even if someone here has one; no big deal,

i just cant see the correlation of the "tactical" forum and this SS forum,
two totally diff types of builds,

Rico....hmmmmmmm....

Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
wdtorque
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I saw the thread but haven't/didn't open it. Didn't like the tone. Anyway, Sophia sounds like she is correct in that it may havebeen started with a false premise The tactical picture thread has had close to 500,000 views, hardly seems like a disliked or hate to me. IMHO
Old 02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Why did nemohunter post this?

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=262706

Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The subject of this forum is SuperStock Rifles and pistols.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
nemohunter

TPC Rating: 
95% (77)
the reason i posted hear is we in SS are MUCH more tolerant of differing ideas. i'm not trying to stir any pot. i'm not mad at anybody. i'm just trying to get folks to think about what we say to each other. the subject of the thread is we are all the same. i will delet the thread if you so chose. i just want folks to understand we are all going the same direction. now more than ever we need to stick toghether. we can not afford to disagree with each other on anything. if you dont like the idea of one build or another just dont post about it. simple as that. there are many builds that i dont care for. i just dont post on them. and by the same token i can appreciate what goes into a build without having to like it. craftsmanship is craftsmanship no matter the form.

"if we do not hang toghether we shall all hang seperately"
Old 02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
SQUAWSACH

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I will be the first to say it. I do look down on them. If you want to strap a bunch of silly crap on your gun just so it can look like something you saw in a movie, I'm not going to think much of you. If you perfer appearance over substance, I'm not going to think much of you. If you think tools intended for killing people are cool, I'm not going to think much of you.

Real tactical firearms are sometimes needed but never cool. Wannabe tactical firearms built by people with the latest, kill people better, gizmos are just sad and shines a negative light on our sport.

Last edited by SQUAWSACH; 02-01-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
EBR762

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just view it as a different approach to customizing the 10/22, and possibly a different approach to ergonomics and accuracy of the same... heck, most of them are using the same bbls and triggers as the SS folks, basically it's just a different stock choice.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I think everyone needs to get out and shoot more....cabin fever is setting in and the forums are lacking because of it.

I'll see you pirates next weekend, I'm going on a snomobile trip.

If you don't see me post again....some tree may have jumped out and caught me...
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Indy

RFC Support
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
To tell you the truth, if there has been some kind of posturing going on because of the new forum then I have to take the blame. My intent was to set up an area for this type of build since there were/are numerous posts and pics related. First term that came to mind, Tactical.

I personally am a "wood stock" kind of person but I can honestly say that certain "tactical" or "black gun" builds have peaked my interest and I'm considering a build too. Mostly for the heck of it. No real purpose other than to say "I did that!". Actually, what I'm thinking of doing is duplicating as much as I can this gun: http://www.jprifles.com/display.php?img=CTR02N2%20copy JP Rifles make some awesome rifles, but I really have no need for one to justify the price other than target shooting entertainment. So, I figure that for just under half of a centerfire version, I could have a 10/22 conversion and be cheaper to feed.

But getting back to topic, if you guys would rather see a different name for that forum, let me know some suggestions.

Thanks,
Indy

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Indy I do not think it is my place to tell you what to do.

I have made my views of the "22 for self defense" threads very clear. I see this place as a hobby and target and hunting place. Not as a place where people write about "laying down a field of killing power" as I recently read in RFC.

Despite what others want to spin Tactical was started by the industry to describe what SWAT and Special forces do. It is about killing people. I have no problem with killing people that need killing. My problem is about playing at it. I have seen very disturbing videos on youtube put there by RFC members

I saw a thread yesterday where a guy painted his 597 black and put a cheap bipod and large magazine on it and called it "his tactical build"

It is silly but I fully defend their right to build the rifles. Not the point. The point is do not be a mall ninja tactical wannabee and scare the hell out of non gun owners. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:29 PM
dads_addiction

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I was really surprised when the "tactical" section popped up. I mean really, aren't they just "Ultimates" with black stocks and maybe some "When I grow up" accessories?

Sure seems like they fall right in line with the description of an Ultimate And now that they have been segregated with their own section....we're all haters?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I have no dog in this fight but my take on it is that "tactical" is the name the industry, advertisers, and general public have pinned on guns that meet a certain description (just throwing some terms out there, but that would be military style, "black rifle", etc.) It's for better or worse and there is no turning back the clock on that. Put a different label on there and you end up having to explain what you mean by the label and the reaction from the reader / listener is going to be, "oh, you mean tactical."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads_addiction View Post
And now that they have been segregated with their own section....we're all haters?
LOL! Only if you want to be Personally, I won't wear his label, no matter how hard he tries to pin it on me