Mossberg 46 safety? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:08 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)

nice rifle and as mentioned by the others, the Redfield globe is an add on. Not an original item used by Mossberg.
Old 10-30-2021, 05:09 PM
Tcomguy1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to Tcomguy1
More pics

Here is a few more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barrel top resized.JPG (43.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg globe sight insert resized.JPG (32.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg left view resized.JPG (30.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 11-05-2021, 06:30 PM
Tcomguy1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shout out to 22lrjohn and bone

I would like to thank everyone for their assistance and expertise.

I was able to score a replacement body for my Mossberg #4 from 22lrJohn who apparently got this and some other parts from bone in the past.

I have posted a request for a windage knob in the sights and scope forum but no luck yet. I hope to maybe make one but am having trouble getting an accurate thread measurement on the windage stud. My gauge only goes to 44 tpi and assume it is 48 tpi. Going to have to invest in a gauge with much higher thread count if I am going to be doing any smithing.
Once I get the windage locked down it will be out to the field for a bit of plinking.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:36 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
I'm pretty sure Apertures n' more makes those knobs. Believe I bought one from him about 10 years ago. He doesn't show everything on his website, email him.

http://aperturesnmore.com/
Old 11-05-2021, 07:03 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Post a picture up of the sight so we can see what all is missing. I can probably get you fixed up.

Also the originals threads of the elevation and windage screw is an 8-50 tpi, not a common thread.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:24 PM
Tcomguy1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Windage knob

You are right about that 8-50 tpi thread pitch not being common. I tried to reach out to Aperturesnmore but was getting a message from their server that I couldn't post to it. I did register an account with them yesterday and assume it will probably take a couple of days before I am considered a safe poster.

I have posted a pic of the sight in the original thread but will post again. The damaged body has been replaced so that all I am missing now is the knob/nut for windage adjustment.
I will try to reach out to some of the other sources next week but am going to be traveling. Not in any terrible hurry for part but just another thing to get dealt with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sight damage.JPG (40.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-06-2021, 05:49 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcomguy1 View Post
You are right about that 8-50 tpi thread pitch not being common. I tried to reach out to Aperturesnmore but was getting a message from their server that I couldn't post to it. I did register an account with them yesterday and assume it will probably take a couple of days before I am considered a safe poster.

I have posted a pic of the sight in the original thread but will post again. The damaged body has been replaced so that all I am missing now is the knob/nut for windage adjustment.
I will try to reach out to some of the other sources next week but am going to be traveling. Not in any terrible hurry for part but just another thing to get dealt with.
I should have a couple left that I made awhile back. PM me your address and I will get you one comming. Old picture, but you get the ideal.
Terry

Old 11-06-2021, 06:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
WOW Terry.....