SR22 Wingman Extended 5 plus; what were they thinking about? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:06 AM
berettaprofessor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SR22 Wingman Extended 5 plus; what were they thinking about?

Just a note of warning to everyone. TandemKross came out with an extended magazine kit for the SR22 mags; to hold 15 rounds instead of 10. I recently purchased and tried it out and it's the first TandemKross item I DON'T like.

Applying the kit requires removal of the loader button, which then a) makes the magazines really hard to load, and b) removes the "empty mag hold open" function. I don't think the extra grip length for me (I've got small hands) was worth gaining 5 hard-to-load rounds. You can't even use most of the 22 loading aids since they're dependent on catching that loader button.

Take it from me, avoid this kit and just purchase another mag or two. You can always do a "tactical" reload then if you need 5 more rounds.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:26 PM
mostly22lately
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettaprofessor View Post
Just a note of warning to everyone. TandemKross came out with an extended magazine kit for the SR22 mags; to hold 15 rounds instead of 10. I recently purchased and tried it out and it's the first TandemKross item I DON'T like.
I have one as well. And with the same issues and comments as yours, so ... I got the Taylor Tactical add on which restores the last-round hold-open feature. Also, I am fairly certain the Makershot and Taylor Tactical speed loaders for SR22 do not need the side button to work.

Hope these ideas could help you make your good gun great since the TK gadget didn't quite get you there this time.

Last edited by mostly22lately; 08-22-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:33 PM
StephenBachiler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a few of these...wishh the hold open was there..I don't find them tough to load...and I have large hands so the entra length was a plus for me.. on the rare chance I tried to carry the gun concealled...the extra length makes that less than ideal...i would say My opinion is they are just ok...can't rave about them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2021, 10:05 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Have two, no problems at all, they look a bit odd but the extra capacity comes in handy.