Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Found 2 cz 453's

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  webfoot56 
#1 ·
Found an unfired with box cz 453 22lr American(2nd from bottom) and an unfired no box cz 453 17hmr America(3rd from bottom).

The CZ 453 collection from top to bottom. 3 453 varmints in 22lr, 453 varmint fluted in 17hmr, 2 453 Americans in 17hmr and 2 Americans in 22lr

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Found an unfired with box cz 453 22lr American(2nd from bottom) and an unfired no box cz 453 17hmr America(3rd from bottom).

The CZ 453 collection from top to bottom. 3 453 varmints in 22lr, 453 varmint fluted in 17hmr, 2 453 Americans in 17hmr and 2 Americans in 22lr
Very nice set of 453 rifles, all you need is the 17hm2.
No I call dibbs on the HM2 lol!!

#15 ·
They did make a 453 Lux. I'm not sure of the number that were shipped to the U.S. but a lot of people say only 50. That seems kind of low seeing as there were a few different members just on RFC that acquired one and at one time a single seller (on GB I believe) had 15 of them for sale.

#19 ·
453 lux

If I recall correctly, 52 are known from the serial number print off I acquired. It lists individual serial numbers from that shipment from years ago.

From the info received from CZ at the time, they were an over run from a custom order destined for another country. They were not suppose to end up in the states.

Now, maybe things have changed and they made more or channels opened up and more came in, but I've never noticed any.

Yes, I bought a mess of them and still have a few. One had a really neat serial number and I sent it off to get a satin hard chrome finish, it's a till death do us part rifle now. Also a couple sets of consecutive numbered guns have also found refuge in the sanctuary.

The 453 Lux is the only 453 that had iron sights. The stocks were made identical to the centerfire Lux 527's. Not to be confused with any other CZ Rimfire lux stocks.

#20 ·
If I recall correctly, 52 are known from the serial number print off I acquired. It lists individual serial numbers from that shipment from years ago.

From the info received from CZ at the time, they were an over run from a custom order destined for another country. They were not suppose to end up in the states.

Now, maybe things have changed and they made more or channels opened up and more came in, but I've never noticed any.

Yes, I bought a mess of them and still have a few. One had a really neat serial number and I sent it off to get a satin hard chrome finish, it's a till death do us part rifle now. Also a couple sets of consecutive numbered guns have also found refuge in the sanctuary.

The 453 Lux is the only 453 that had iron sights. The stocks were made identical to the centerfire Lux 527's. Not to be confused with any other CZ Rimfire lux stocks.
Thank you for the information. Is there any known information about how many of the other 453 variants were imported?

#27 · (Edited)
It'd be worth asking CZ-USA to see what info they might provide. I have a special 527 Classic that I was curious about, so I called them with the serial number. They immediately gave me some history, that it was part of a batch of 120 factory custom guns built in the 2010 - 2013 timeframe (mine's a 2010), told me what type of wood it had (stock and grip/forend caps), special finish on the wood, the distributor to whom the guns were shipped, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.