Why I hate people - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2021, 12:00 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Some of our best customers are a bit shy in the knowledge department Roger
Have you considered working for the local DMV? Good pay and benefits and you've certainly got the right attitude!

Frank
Old 05-19-2021, 12:48 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Some of our best customers are a bit shy in the knowledge department Roger and they depend on us to help them make rational buying decisions. Help which we are happy to give in exchange for their patronage. Symbiotic relationships are the best kind I think

Have you considered working for the local DMV? Good pay and benefits and you've certainly got the right attitude!

Frank
True. If a customer didn't need your help, they wouldn't be your customer. What comes with the territory are people that you can't help but they still want your time

True for DMV and many govt jobs. Shout out to the USPS desk because their service has gotten much better but maybe just for me

It's all about attitude.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:15 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Some of our best customers are a bit shy in the knowledge department Roger and they depend on us to help them make rational buying decisions. Help which we are happy to give in exchange for their patronage. Symbiotic relationships are the best kind I think

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
edit: I thought that a dig, gig, or a shot.
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2021, 01:15 PM
Discontinued

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think any customer service job eventually grinds you down, I genuinely get great satisfaction helping my fellow health workers. Whilst it can be immensely satisfying. Having to helpful and polite all the time can be emotionally and physically draining.

The trick is not to take it out on your customers, after all they have no what you have had to deal with with the last rude person or impatient dullard who hounded you for information on the phone for hours

They have no idea, for them you are a conduit to a new appliance. the fountain of all white goods knowledge...

Maybe use this

I knew of one company that used to charge a very annoying and very wealthy client double the standard charge for maintaining his numerous apartment properties, he was such a nightmare.

Still they treated him well, although they doubled the standard payment as he took up so much of everyone's time.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:28 PM
RogerKipwell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It looks like many of you are misunderstanding why I'm peeved. It doesn't bother me that people don't understand how an induction stove works or how an inverter motor works. What bothers me is that people lack the skills that others learned in the first grade, such as reading a ruler.

I once had a customer who couldn't understand why he needed a water line run to his refrigerator in order for the ice maker to function.

A customer once told me that I had no reason to know her address. I asked how could we deliver her appliances without her address. She replied that other stores delivered without asking for her address.

How about the "it don't matter person." The conversations go like this (abbreviated):
I'm looking for a refrigerator.
What color would you like?
It don't matter.
I have a nice white one here . . .
I don't want no white fridge
It's also available in black
Don't want black
So obviously color does matter, doesn't it.

Fortunately, 90% of the people are pleasant to deal with. It's the other 10% that make salesmen homicidal.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:06 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKipwell View Post
It looks like many of you are misunderstanding why I'm peeved. It doesn't bother me that people don't understand how an induction stove works or how an inverter motor works. What bothers me is that people lack the skills that others learned in the first grade, such as reading a ruler.

I once had a customer who couldn't understand why he needed a water line run to his refrigerator in order for the ice maker to function.

A customer once told me that I had no reason to know her address. I asked how could we deliver her appliances without her address. She replied that other stores delivered without asking for her address.

How about the "it don't matter person." The conversations go like this (abbreviated):
I'm looking for a refrigerator.
What color would you like?
It don't matter.
I have a nice white one here . . .
I don't want no white fridge
It's also available in black
Don't want black
So obviously color does matter, doesn't it.

Fortunately, 90% of the people are pleasant to deal with. It's the other 10% that make salesmen homicidal.
Lol!
Old 05-20-2021, 04:52 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (282)
You just didn't let him finish: It don't matter... unless it's white or black. (Good thing he wasn't shopping for a Model T.)

Doug
Old 05-20-2021, 05:34 PM
rep1954

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I only hate people who donít do things the right way.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Is this the UK sub forum
Old 05-20-2021, 06:10 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Is this the UK sub forum
It's developing a UK twist isn't it old chap? It's bad enough when we don't get what we say to one another in the USA. It will be easy enough to miss their intent too.

Maybe if the UKers give a us a "cheat sheet" to pick up on their subtleties and humour we might even enjoy them even more

Toomany, rough day at HQ? Did the #^> flow up hill today?
Old 05-20-2021, 06:15 PM
Currahee506
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4F8CDBED-6604-4409-9811-12D6B1602429.jpeg (186.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-20-2021, 06:47 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
It's developing a UK twist isn't it old chap? It's bad enough when we don't get what we say to one another in the USA. It will be easy enough to miss their intent too.

Maybe if the UKers give a us a "cheat sheet" to pick up on their subtleties and humour we might even enjoy them even more

Toomany, rough day at HQ? Did the #^> flow up hill today?
No, but I come here to have fun. And this is about as much fun as running a cheese grater over my eyeball
Old 05-20-2021, 09:38 PM
greenyonline
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Stupid thread for RFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
No, but I come here to have fun. And this is about as much fun as running a cheese grater over my eyeball
I agree with you 100%. Stupid thread for this forum. Maybe another reason I only come here lately only when I get an email rather than every day unsolicited.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:45 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
1) The community forum was specifically setup to give members a place for off-topic conversation.

2) More than one member has complained to me that reading community forum threads detracts from their enjoyment of the site.

3) I offer to them.... and anyone else who may be interested .... the option of asking me to set up a filter that will screen the community forum from their view. Takes just a few seconds and absolutely guaranteed to prevent seeing threads posted in the community forum.

4) No one has ever taken me up on the offer but it still stands --- anyone interested need only send me a PM to get it done.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:09 PM
ECC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
I almost failed 10th grade English class because we had a teacher who was a speech nut, and I was absolutely terrorized at giving speeches in front of the class.