Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Original stock

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dranrab 
#1 ·
Gents - I own a few 77/22 in both SS and Blued, but I found the one I have been searching for for a bit, early RSM model. Bluing is mint, but the stock, although it can be made to look better with some effort, leaves a lot to be desired. I'll post a WTB, but thought I'd reach out to those who read this section. I'd like to find an original Walnut stock for the 77/22 in minty condition, butt plate or buttpad doesn't matter to me. Hoping someone here may have one set aside if they went with an aftermarket stock along the way. I've found them FS in a few places new, but thought I'd reach out here first. Thanks for your help - Bill in MA

#4 ·
Thanks......

Ed - Let me know, I'd be more than happy with that deal. I know there are a few sources on the secondary market and rather not pay full price direct from Ruger. When you find out feel free to PM me with the details. Thanks for the kind offer! - Bill in MA

#5 ·
Stock

Recently sold my 1989, like new 77/22. USPS BROKE THE STOCK IN SHIPPING. IN discussion with new owner i found a new original stock at Midway, Usa for $209 and offered to replace with it! He is totall happy with it! So I have filed for money back under the USPS insurance. Not expecting satisfaction and my money back, but time will tell. At least the new owner is happy!!

#6 ·
Recently sold my 1989, like new 77/22. USPS BROKE THE STOCK IN SHIPPING. IN discussion with new owner i found a new original stock at Midway, Usa for $209 and offered to replace with it! He is totall happy with it! So I have filed for money back under the USPS insurance. Not expecting satisfaction and my money back, but time will tell. At least the new owner is happy!!
That's admirable of you stepping up and taking care of the buyer, knowing you weren't likely to get satisfaction from UPS. That's the sort of thing that keeps me from engaging in more online transactions. I don't want to deal with that as a buyer or seller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.