Who else in the US has gotten an LRP? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:46 AM
Tac Gunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Who else in the US has gotten an LRP?

Shortly after the Long Range Precision was announced I reached out to CZ-USA to see when they would be available in the US and was told by two different reps, one via phone the other via email, that this model would not be imported as it was a European only model.

Fast forward a few months to July when the Christensen Arms Ranger finally started making its way into the wild and all of the issues started arising with them. I cancelled the preorder on mine and went back on the hunt for a new bolt gun only to discover on the second page of KY Gun Co's CZ section the LRP in stock. Being as they are only an hour from me I went the following Saturday and picked one up. They had five in stock and I learned afterwards via a FB group a fella had bought one from them just a few days before so they had at least 6, all of which were sold within two weeks of me getting mine.

With all that said, it still seems to be a very scarce model few know about. I emailed CZ-USA again a few weeks after owning mine asking when they would be available and was told they had started shipping to dealers. It has now been 3 months and an internet search only gives me three places with them in stock, one being KY Gun Co again, and the CZ-USA site still doesn't show them.

As for performance I'm very happy with the rifle and there isn't anything I'd change about it. I've shot it in 4 NRL22 matches and one team match so far and it works really well for them, a lot more ergonomic than the 10/22 Custom Shop I was running for matches. I have taken it to 300yds without any problem and it's easily capable of a 3" target at 200yds. I have it topped with a Primary Arms GLX 6-24X50 with their Athena mil reticle (awsone scope by the way, the zero stops and reticle are fantastic) and run Eley Match or Tenex in it. Yes the barrel threads are 1/2x28 instead of 1/2x20 like the promo material says and it is actually marked CZ-USA on the receiver.

First two pics it had a Primary Arms 4-14x44 on it while I was waiting on the 6-24, third pic has the 6-24. The group pics were shot at 50yds prone off a bipod and rear bag (I'm not the best at shooting groups).

Old 10-31-2020, 12:10 PM
Bigbluegill

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Nice looking rig .
Old 10-31-2020, 12:45 PM
Tac Gunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby999 View Post
Nice looking rig .
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2020, 02:21 PM
marlin maddness

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shoot some more different ammo and it should be a shooter, looks great as I bought the VPT 457 right before it came out or I would have one of those.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:16 PM
Tac Gunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin maddness View Post
Shoot some more different ammo and it should be a shooter, looks great as I bought the VPT 457 right before it came out or I would have one of those.
It has been both ammo and torque tested. Three lots of Center-X, three lots of Eley Match, CCI SV, SK Standard, and Eley Action. Barrel was cleaned and seasoned between different ammos. The Eley Match showed the most consistency across all three lots. Seemed to favor between 15-20lbs-in of torque.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:32 AM
r2nailer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ive had mine for just a couple of months now.
And after a lot of searching found some at https://thegundealer.net/product/cz-457-lrp-22-lr/
Been trying to find ammo it likes best for 100 yd groups.
Tried many expensive ammo and the last one bieng sk rifle match gave me about 1.5 inches.
But ill try others as they become available.
50 yds 1 hole 5 round groups is pretty easy with sk std.
Ive dicovered tha the match chamber is rather short and the bullet nose is jamed some 15 thousandth.
My mounting screws were surprisingly light and stupid me tightened them . Ill be addressing that shortly.
I didndt like the grittyness of the bolt so pollished the rotational mating surfaces to be rid of the black coatins on them. Ive also tried to lower the trigger pull, but am stuck at about 1.8 lbs. So ide like to work on that too. Maybe a new spring or polishing, idk.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:34 AM
r2nailer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh and the recoil lug is rear mounted so I guess we tighten the rear screw first
Unlike all my centerfires
Old 11-19-2020, 07:49 AM
Tac Gunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KY Gun Co has these on sale for $899 during their black friday sales.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:56 PM
djdilliodon

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Mine out of the box was a pretty decent rifle. I put about 1000 rounds through it before tearing it apart and doing a barrel, bedding, trigger, action work etc. I absolutely love the stock!
Old 11-27-2020, 08:46 AM
Zeiss Nut
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
DJDillion what barrel work or bedding do you do to the LRP ?
I bet it would be a superb rifle when you are done with it

This is how mine shoot the 21st to 60th shots out of the box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 742C71C7-9AD1-4AEA-B490-109E1CE5ABE2_1606484710791.jpg (367.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-27-2020, 08:48 AM
Zeiss Nut
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I bought from KYGUNCO too on their first shipment. It was $997 😁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac Gunner View Post
KY Gun Co has these on sale for $899 during their black friday sales.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:05 AM
Just_kitten_you

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can you tell me the height of the pic rail to the barrel?

Iím figuring out what rings i need to buy.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2020, 04:15 AM
Just_kitten_you

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For the people who ae having doubts about buying one

https://youtu.be/dH4ztbC7py4