Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-31-2020, 02:26 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Pardini SP 22LR

I have decided to get serious about .22LR Bullseye shooting again. Figured at almost 66 years old I better get back to bullseye while I still can. Shot a lot years ago and then not so much in recent years. Did some winter 50' indoor shooting for 2 or 3 winter league seasons and enjoyed that. Wanted to try a modern pistol of European design so purchased the latest model from Pardini. It is the 5" barrel model. Have done most of my shooting with a High Standard Victor and then a High Standard Citation. I mounted an Ultradot 1" tube 4moa red dot on this Pardini but the dot is ugly with flares and not even close to round. I am sure partly due to my eyes but my Matchdot II is much better and less expensive Adco is much rounder than either Ultradot. I can already see that I will have to modify the grip to fit the hand better. This is a medium grip and is a little tight where the shelf wraps around the hand. Dremel should work ok I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pardini right.jpg (33.6 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg pardini left.jpg (29.4 KB, 156 views)
Old 01-31-2020, 04:39 AM
crankythunder

Burrokratic Republic of Michigan, Cubicle LVW-2a19d, Rock Number 3
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Dear Huskaboom

You are going to love your pardini, I guarantee it.

I purchased mine new in 2013, after trying a number of high quality target pistols and the pardini was the best for me at the time.

Insanely accurate, the trigger is relatively easy to adjust but Vlad does a good job setting them up before he ships them out, and ridiculously reliable.

My main go to ammo is CCI SV although I am concerned with the recent reports of poor quality although I have not experienced it nor have I opened up my more recent ammo purchases.

Used to like the old eley sport that was made in Mexico although that is no longer available. Be careful with Eley Target and Aguilla Super Extra, personally I have had malfunctions with both during colder weather.

I have also used Wolf Match Target and while I do not like the greasy wolf snot lubrication on that ammo, found it to function reliably in the pistol. I have heard but do not have first hand experience that GECO is a good ammo for the pardini as well.

Since I purchase two to four cases of ammo a year, I have a considerable number of rounds through my pardini. While I do have other 22 firearms, the Pardini shoots the majority of ammo that I purchase.

For what it is worth, I have not had a alibi that could not be attributed to the ammo. Gun has been flawless.

More in next post.

Regards,
Crankster

www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com
www.ccrcrifleteam.weebly.com
Old 01-31-2020, 04:48 AM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Dear Huskaboom

As for maintenance, I try and clean my pardini every 600 rounds or so but have gone upwards of 2000 rounds between cleaning. At the 2000 round mark, the debris had built up around the bolt where it contacts the barrel and was caked on about a inch or so up the assembly. I would recommend that you clean your pardini before it gets to this condition but mine was functioning flawlessly irregardless.

I really should clean it more often, I have a cleaning kit handy and it only takes five or ten minutes to clean. I guess the need has not presented itself and get by with every six hundred rounds or so.

The only thing to watch for is the firing pin recess. this can collect debris and oil and needs to be disassembled and cleaned out. In the seven years I have owned mine I have cleaned the firing pin twice and think that it is getting time although there is no way to inspect it without disassembling it to begin with.

When you mount your rings, take care to get them positioned correctly. Believe it or not, the bolt actually rotates quite a bit and can hit the rings upon cycling the pistol. Make sure that you position the front ring such that the ear of the bolt is overlapping, ie, the bolt is never fully in front of the ring in battery nor fully behind the ring in full recoil.

More to come.

Regards,
Crankster

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2020, 04:56 AM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Dear Huskaboom

Red dots:

In my league we have a number of pardini's and the ultra dots used to be top dog both on top of the pardini's and throughout the rest of the league. Then somebody informed us that there was a slight negative magnification in the ultra dots and it drove each and every one of us nuts. consequently we have tried a number of other red dots on the pardini.

Most have settled on a aimpoint H1 with Kodiak mounts. Personally, I am suffering from astigmatism as well and have done a bit more experimenting with red dots.

I noticed that my C-More had the most beautiful round red dot and found that the railway mount would fit on the pardini so I tried my C-More but was not happy with that set up. I had problems zeroing the pistol when moving from 50 foot to 25 yards, to 50 yards with the excessive height above barrel that is apparent in the C-More and did not like that the adjustments were not repeatable and that the slop was excessive. Figuring that a reflex sight has only one lens when compared against the two or three lenses with a tube style dot, I started searching for a red dot reflex sight that could be mounted on the pardini and that had a reliable zero adjustments.

Currently I am using a Trijicon SRO with the picatinny mount, it mounts on the pardini and fits the grooves pretty good. I am also using foster grants tri view multi focal length distance glasses that you can purchase off the shelf, 1.5 power.

Hope this helps and you have a great day.

Regards,
Cranky

Old 01-31-2020, 05:03 AM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Dear Huskaboom

As for your grip, you will find that the standard pardini grip has a European high rake grip angle that tilts your hand forward and locks your wrist in a severe forward tilt.

Most people find these grips ok and are fine with them. Some people, like me, find that using such a high raked grip will cause discomfort in the wrist, specifically right behind the thumb, in a little v that is formed the tendon down in that spot gets sore from shooting the pardini with your hand tilted so forward. I had to refrain from shooting the pardini for a couple weeks while it healed.

To alleviate this I purchased grips from Dick Horton, specifying 1911 angled grips as opposed to the high rake European grip. the Horton Grips are beautiful, a work of art, and are simply amazing in function. I would google Dick Horton Grips to get some pictures to see what they look like, they really are works of art.

As for the contact information for Dick Horton, I know he recently changed/updated his email address but his contact information should be available on google. He is located in Illinois.

Regards,
Crankster

Old 01-31-2020, 02:12 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Thanks for the info cranky! Took some effort to do all that typing and I appreciate that. I am hoping to get close low master scores by this spring. It will take a lot of practice and of course it may not happen. Need to get on an excersise program also. In recent years I have focused mostly on running with some long distance hiking thrown in.
I will likely shoot a lot of CCI standard for practice if it works good in the Pardini because I have 5000+ rounds on hand. I will use some kind of mid grade European standard velocity for matches. Been burned one to many times with Alibis using CCI mostly due to the wax lube.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:47 PM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love my Pardini SP Bullseye more than any of my guns.
It will easily outshoot my Volquartsen target and Scorpion pistols.
Heck it will outshoot my Ruger 10/22 Competition most of the time.

I sent mine back to Pardini USA and had Wladimir install their scope rail so I could mount my favorite Vortex Razor red dot on mine.
I have the Vortex Razor mounted on all my 22 handguns.

Read about crankythunder’s Dick Horton grips on some old posts and ordered a set from him.
Best feeling and best looking grip possible for the Pardini.
Thanks, crankythunder!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F66721BF-8DEF-4932-B4A2-B1F7F3C5560E_1580503620924.jpeg (119.8 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by Sagittarius; 01-31-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:48 PM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E805F0AF-E4C1-4E66-B75D-0EFD1E4C4C57_1580503703490.jpeg (120.9 KB, 126 views)
Old 01-31-2020, 03:52 PM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One more
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E9EE5854-6A69-4E0C-A7B6-28FB422D5FD0_1580503919998.jpeg (113.3 KB, 126 views)
Old 01-31-2020, 03:55 PM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like an idiot, I left the cover on the Razor red dot when I took the pics.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
And I didn't notice!
Old 02-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here a better pic of the Razor red dot shown with the factory stock without the ugly cover!
The Razor is lightweight and balances very well on the Pardini.
Looks great too, imo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 47074A90-B02F-486B-BA6F-82A3CFF66CCB_1580571170380.jpeg (118.3 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by Sagittarius; 02-01-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:33 PM
Neal77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where did you find that scope mount rail ? I can't seem to locate it on Pardini's website.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:07 PM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Hey Neil:

With all due respectd to Sagittarius, I do not think that you want that weaver rail mounted on top of the Pardini. It puts the scope too high above the barrel that will add more adjustments that are required when switching from the 50 foot line to the 25 yard line to the 50 yard line. Pardini offers rings that can be used with all the tube style sights, gotta get them mounted correctly, and if you want to mount a reflex sight on it, most of them will work although you may need to machine a flat on the bottom to make the points more pointier on the weaver or pickatinny base.

For what it is worth, I currently have a Trijicon SRO 5MOA dot on mine (still evaluating it but I think it will work, getting familiar with the elevation adjustments when headed for the 50 yard line). Installed it without a problem and it has held tight for a couple thousand rounds.

If you want some pictures pm me with your phone number and I will text you some pictures.

Regards,
Crankster

Old 02-05-2020, 10:09 PM
Neal77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Crankster,

I still have the Matchdot that came with the gun mounted with Warne rings,but was thinking of trying an Aimpoint 9000sc. I prefer a tube sight to a reflex optic. Thought the rail may give me more mounting options if I found other optics to try.