Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:07 PM
oldreliable45120
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
17a clear sight inserts

Does anyone know if they make a clear sight insert for Lyman 17 series front sights? I have a couple yellow ones but don’t like them. I have the clear ones in my Redfield Olympic sights and really like them. With the smaller 17 sight the metal rings really obscure the bullseye to much for me.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:59 PM
Pat McCoy
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I've never seen clear ones for the Lyman 17 sights. Lee Shaver makes inserts that have very fine wires, which may help clean up your view.

http://stores.leeshavergunsmithing.c...-insert-cards/
Old 05-05-2021, 10:39 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The thin ring annulus of the Lee Shaver set were good for me once upon a time when my eyes were better. Now I find them hard to see, the original Lyman set is working better. At least I have both.
Id like to try the clear on my 1988 Diana 45 air rifle (16mm od iirc) but havent found any. Too bad we dont have someone on the forum with a precision mini-lathe, some time and skills; making them looks like a nice little bench job.
Btw, Ive read more than once that a 4mm aperture in it is favored and that the chamfer put on the hole is what gives the apparent thickness of the annulus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2021, 01:02 PM
oldreliable45120
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did make a couple out of 1/8 acrylic, but ended up at 5mm. Just a bit too large. I’ll have to try again.