Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:38 PM
Petey
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeMod View Post
I love my shrimp, but I will pass on the crawdads.
Me too. the ones I actually sampled tasted like mudbugs.

Of course this was in Jersey though.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:40 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey View Post
Me too. the ones I actually sampled tasted like mudbugs.

Of course this was in Jersey though.
Well knowing jersey they were probably raided in a sewage treatment plant.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2021, 06:16 PM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fresh home grown Butter Beans with fresh home grown Okra and NO heavy breading and fresh home grown sliced tomatoes. And a glass of sweet iced tea. A complete meal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2021, 12:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
Thatís a hard one. I am a pizza and pasta lover and Iíve had some good ones in my travels, but for the BEST Iíd have to go with a steak. I was Tel Aviv Israel on Election Day last year with two coworkers and I always find the places to eat. So I went to the google machine and found a place called Dakotas steak house that was labeled as the best in Israel. All of the reviews said expensive but worth it. So off we went!

The meal started off with Carpaccio, fresh bread, and a nice simple salad. It was delicious. We ordered our steaks by size (they were sold by grams) and of course I ordered the biggest ribeye I could get. When it showed up I was disappointed because it was served with frozen fries

It was served a perfect medium rare/medium with only salt and pepper and cut into strips. Let me tell you I forgot all about those frozen fries after the first bite. It was absolutely melt in your mouth amazing. My family raises high quality cattle and I get mine dry aged and Iím no slouch on the grill, but this was just on another level and will the the measuring stick for every other steak in my life.

My boss kindly offered to pay for the meal. Everyone got the salad, steak, and a cold beer. For three people....$675.

It was worth every penny I didnít spend

Iron
Old 02-15-2021, 12:45 AM
JJB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushka View Post
l have eaten so many delicious things during my somewhat long life I would not venture to say what was the best thing. A terribly difficult choice to make. I love food so there are a lot of choices to decide about.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:00 AM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I'm a little surprised at how few desserts are mentioned. If I live to be 100 and were to dine on gourmet food every day, there would still be no question that the finest thing I ever ate was Bananas Foster at a French Quarter restaurant. They brought the ingredients to my table and made it tableside. Bananas and vanilla ice cream, covered with a sauce made from about a pound of butter and a bucket of brown sugar. The butter and brown sugar was heaped over the bananas and ice cream, then generously doused in dark rum and banana liqueur and set afire until the butter and brown sugar melted into a true nectar of the gods bathing the bananas and ice cream.

I am a happily 39-years married caucasian heterosexual, but I almost left my wife for the large black man who made the flambe dessert of my dreams; it was that good. He accepted my thanks and praise, but jilted me and moved on to the next table . . .

Last edited by JEC; 02-15-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:48 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron85 View Post
..this was just on another level and will the the measuring stick for every other steak in my life.
Investigate cooking sous vide. Every steak you cook going forward will be that good.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:06 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Investigate cooking sous vide. Every steak you cook going forward will be that good.
Iíve tried that, reverse sear. Like I said Iím no slouch and regularly get told ďthatís the best steak Iíve ever ate!Ē I smile and say thanks...and think about that steak in Israel, if they only knew.

Iron
Old 02-15-2021, 07:14 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEC View Post
I'm a little surprised at how few desserts are mentioned. If I live to be 100 and were to dine on gourmet food every day, there would still be no question that the finest thing I ever ate was Bananas Foster at a French Quarter restaurant. They brought the ingredients to my table and made it tableside. Bananas and vanilla ice cream, covered with a sauce made from about a pound of butter and a bucket of brown sugar. The butter and brown sugar was heaped over the bananas and ice cream, then generously doused in dark rum and banana liqueur and set afire until the butter and brown sugar melted into a true nectar of the gods bathing the bananas and ice cream.

I am a happily 39-years married caucasian heterosexual, but I almost left my wife for the large black man who made the flambe dessert of my dreams; it was that good. He accepted my thanks and praise, but jilted me and moved on to the next table . . .
LOL
Old 02-15-2021, 10:48 AM
dbmjr1

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

It's not Bananas' Foster, but it'll have to do on a cold, rainy morning.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:25 PM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Interesting. Just googled it; never heard of that before. I think I'd like to try.

I'm wondering how well it works on large pieces of meat? I often cook a tri tip roast, but it would be really nice to have it come out medium rare all the way through.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:33 PM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
Interesting. Just googled it; never heard of that before. I think I'd like to try.

I'm wondering how well it works on large pieces of meat? I often cook a tri tip roast, but it would be really nice to have it come out medium rare all the way through.
Works great - and doesn't need to be just big chunks. Many meats benefit from long cooks. Lamb shank I had last night was 24hrs, short ribs I had last week were 48hrs. I do pork butt every now and then.

That's how I prepped the ~10lb (?) prime rib for our christmas last year. Cooked it here for 24hrs or so, then threw it in a 500ļ oven to finish over at her place right before dinner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7936.jpg (332.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-15-2021, 02:43 PM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yum.

I gotta read up on this. I see there are a lot of vids on YT. Amazon has several of the devices/kits.

Thanks much.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:47 PM
Petey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Well knowing jersey they were probably raided in a sewage treatment plant.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Could be.

How come the crabs are not half shabby here then?

You figure if you know how to cook a crab halfway decent?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2021, 03:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey View Post
Could be.

How come the crabs are not half shabby here then?

You figure if you know how to cook a crab halfway decent?

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
I wouldn't know I do not date those kind of girls.