Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:20 PM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Bushnell 3.5-10x36 ao

https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-p...ack-matte.html

Bought a few. Very good for the money. I know ao scopes in this power range are a dying breed. They’re also expensive most of the time.

Grabbed 4. After looking through them i ordered a few more. Looked outside late in the evening. Very adequate hunting scope for the money.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:34 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Nice little scopes! Were even nicer ar $49.99
Old 04-20-2021, 12:20 AM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I just got one of these Bushnell Prime 3.5-10x36 AO scopes. Bushnell makes another, lower line of 3.5-10x36; maybe that's what was on sale at $49, because I haven't seen these Prime closeouts going any lower than the price in the link in the OP. But maybe they were; even if so, the current price is a pretty great deal.

The glass is very good. Image is sharp, clear, and bright. The scope is solid and well-built. It's basic, no frills other than AO, but fit and function are better than expected. Lifetime warranty. The last two scopes I purchased were a Hawke Vantage and a Nikon Prostaff Target 3-9x40 EFR. The Bushnell Prime is better than the Hawke and pretty much on par with the Nikon. It cost less than either. I think they're a whopping bargain at $75.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2021, 01:52 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just because they change the box doesnt mean they change the contents
https://outdoors.natchezss.com/searc...re&rt=racclick

In fact the newone gives you less, the A17 came with 2 turrets, a general one and a hmr one.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:27 AM
skwerl58

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the A17 from CDNN for $59 and change. It was a great buy at this price. It is sitting waiting for a Marlin tube fed 22wmr to mount it on. If nothing shows up soon I will mount it on my Winchester 275 22 wmr.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:59 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I bought two A17's from Amazon or such for as I remember $49.95 each, sitting on a shelve in the garage until a needy cheap rifle shows up.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:56 AM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Perhaps I assumed too much. I bought the Prime model RP3103BS3, and I am unfamiliar with the A17 model 613510A other than what I read online. Aside from 3.5-10x36AO, almost all the specs listed for each are slightly different; length, weight, eye relief, field of view, one billed as being in the Banner line, the other in the Prime line. Bushnell describes the glass for each differently. One scope's country of origin listed as China, one as South Korea. In person, the dials and turrets of the Prime I purchased are different than what those of the A17 613510A appear to be from online photos, although that may be more cosmetic than functional, and I don't know how true to life the A17 online photos are.

I suppose they could in fact be identical, notwithstanding all the differing internet specs, information, and photos. Or perhaps they are different but equal scopes. Maybe the A17 is even better. I leave comparisons between the two to those who have hands-on experience with both. I only know I bought the Prime RP3103BS3, and to me it seems considerably better than its price tag.

Last edited by JEC; 04-20-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:40 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The specs on the Nachez site for the prime are probably not for this scope. Look at the FOV, it says at 12X , pretty hard to be that on a 10 X scope. But the booklet shows different specs , ones that make sense.

Who knows, but if the booklet is correct it looks like they improved the original, with the prime. And yes , If its better, its a great deal for $80.

So sorry i rained on your parade. Bushnell makes very nice scopes and if they improved this one as much as the booklet says , its going to be very popular with the folks who want a great small scope. Especially at $80.

The A17 is also a very nice scope for the money. $50.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:38 PM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Its a different scope from the a17. There are 2 turrets included. The prime is made in south korea not in china like the a17. The prime has nicer coatings.

I consider it a nice bang for the buck scope. I know alot have been looking for an alternative to the other efr scopes.

Its not as nice as my efr leupolds. Also have a few nikon efr also , i consider prime a tiny less in quality to nikon efr. But at 5th of the price of a leupold. id say its a winner to me.

All of the ones I received had very good fit and finish for the price.

Last edited by dvang; 04-20-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:58 PM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
TooMany - no apologies necessary. I can stand a little rain; the Prime's specs say it's waterproof anyway. The info we traded on these two scopes just clues the RFC faithful in to more options, and I suspect both scopes are a bargain at their respective price points. I doubt we'll find anybody who has acquired both, but I would be very interested in how much of a real-world difference - if any - there is between the two.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:32 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvang View Post
Its a different scope from the a17. There are 2 turrets included. The prime is made in south korea not in china like the a17. The prime has nicer coatings.
Just went out to the garage and my two A17's are marked Made in Korea.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:05 AM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Just went out to the garage and my two A17's are marked Made in Korea.
Exactly what my 2 say also.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:23 AM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Good grief. . . how many times have I sarcastically said to myself "yeah, and if it's on the internet, it HAS to be true". The questions and observations in this thread led me to do a little after the fact comparison shopping on the two scopes, but I never really got past the Prime side of that comparison.

I hadn't noticed what TooMany22's pointed out - that the specs on Natchez' site show a field of view at 12x, for a 3.5-10x scope. So I checked Natchez again, then Midway, then Optics Planet for the specs on the Prime. All three sites show something different for one spec or another. Natchez says it weighs 14.8 ounces; the other two sites say 16.7 ounces. Natchez and Midway show 70 MOA elevation for the turrets; Optics Planet shows 60. Field of view: Natchez 29'@3x-7.5'@12x; Midway 30/10; Optics Planet 31/11.

It seems odd that Bushnell would market the same scope dressed in two different boxes and badges at the same time, yet it also seems odd that they'd market two scopes at the same time that are different, yet so very close to the same. And then both get discontinued more or less at the same time.

I think I need to amend my earlier posts. In part, let me recant anything I said that indicates these are definitely different scopes. And in part, I'd like to reiterate and emphasize anything I said that indicates I don't know what the heck the deal is regarding whether these two are twins in different clothing, or just similar siblings.

I'm at least comfortable sticking with the important conclusion. I feel like the Prime scope I bought is a heckuva deal at its closeout price, and from all accounts, it sounds like the A17 scope owners feel the same way about theirs. Now I'm off to pick from among the internet specs on my scope, and convince myself that the competing specs I like best are the one and only accurate specs.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:31 AM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEC View Post
Good grief. . . how many times have I sarcastically said to myself "yeah, and if it's on the internet, it HAS to be true". The questions and observations in this thread led me to do a little after the fact comparison shopping on the two scopes, but I never really got past the Prime side of that comparison.

I hadn't noticed what TooMany22's pointed out - that the specs on Natchez' site show a field of view at 12x, for a 3.5-10x scope. So I checked Natchez again, then Midway, then Optics Planet for the specs on the Prime. All three sites show something different for one spec or another. Natchez says it weighs 14.8 ounces; the other two sites say 16.7 ounces. Natchez and Midway show 70 MOA elevation for the turrets; Optics Planet shows 60. Field of view: Natchez 29'@3x-7.5'@12x; Midway 30/10; Optics Planet 31/11.

It seems odd that Bushnell would market the same scope dressed in two different boxes and badges at the same time, yet it also seems odd that they'd market two scopes at the same time that are different, yet so very close to the same. And then both get discontinued more or less at the same time.

I think I need to amend my earlier posts. In part, let me recant anything I said that indicates these are definitely different scopes. And in part, I'd like to reiterate and emphasize anything I said that indicates I don't know what the heck the deal is regarding whether these two are twins in different clothing, or just similar siblings.

I'm at least comfortable sticking with the important conclusion. I feel like the Prime scope I bought is a heckuva deal at its closeout price, and from all accounts, it sounds like the A17 scope owners feel the same way about theirs. Now I'm off to pick from among the internet specs on my scope, and convince myself that the competing specs I like best are the one and only accurate specs.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:21 PM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Like buying a car. Its all a toyota camry with upgraded specs.

You both got a camry. One came with more features and leather.

Base scope. Same tube etc.

Upgraded model. Different coatings maybe glass etc

Same with a car. Leather nav. Bigger engine. Etc. both still a Toyota Camry. Same with a yukon or a denalli. Still a yukon

Look at it that way. New perspective.