Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:08 PM
mahd776
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
DIP scope rail choice

Getting a new Tikka T1x MTR in a few days. Trying to be proactive and have a few things on hand when I get the rifle. Looking at a DIP scope rail. Can either get one with 25 MOA cant or one without. Not sure what direction I will end up going with this rifle so am not sure which rail to order. Any advise is welcome and Thanks in advance!
Old 10-02-2020, 11:42 PM
Kahless
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If unsure what you're going to do with it get the 25moa. You can always dial it down. Then if you want to reach a little further out you'll have the extra elevation.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:49 PM
stevebla
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have DIP 25 MOA rail and can zero my Diamondback 6x24 50 at 25 yards, allows me to shoot out further. I am happy with DIP rail no issues. Rings are mediums. (Base to Bottom of Tube)
0.38 Inches Cool rifles you will enjoy it.

Last edited by stevebla; 10-03-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2020, 12:48 AM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I used a 0 MOA DIP base and Burris Signature Z rings with offset inserts. I could've just used a 25 MOA base and inserts with no offset. I wasn't sure how much MOA I might need. So I figured I could just use different combinations of inserts if necessary. If I wasn't going to use Burris Signature rings I would've bought the DIP 25 MOA base for sure

Old 10-03-2020, 04:10 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahd776 View Post
Getting a new Tikka T1x MTR in a few days. Trying to be proactive and have a few things on hand when I get the rifle. Looking at a DIP scope rail. Can either get one with 25 MOA cant or one without. Not sure what direction I will end up going with this rifle so am not sure which rail to order. Any advise is welcome and Thanks in advance!
I do not see much of any 'down-side' to having the 25 MOA rail. However, if you are using a scope with no target dials, then I suppose a sloped rail will not do you any good. With an elevation turret on your scope your aiming range will be much further.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:11 PM
staff3704
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't get the rail until you know what equipment you will use with the rifle. Most 3X9 scopes don't need a 25 MOA rail. But if you are going with a high power scope you will not be able to zero at 200 yrds using 22 LR without the 25 MOA rail. Unless you go the old fashion way of shimming the back ring to angle the scope down (which I use to do before we had all the options we have today). Unless you have rings with the inserts. So many options these days!

Last edited by staff3704; 10-13-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:07 PM
Sc0

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need to figure out what you plan on shooting and then what scope, then what distances. Have two T1x's, one wears a Murphy 20moa stainless rail and a Sightron S-Tac 3-16x42 for NRL Base Class, other one has a 30moa Murphy rail and a Athlon MidasTac 6-24x50 and wears a Bravo chassis for NRL Open Class and for extended distance shooting.