Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Domaca
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ Brno mod 2ES questions

First of all, a big hello to everyone! As a new owner of a CZ with an interest in its history I have found this forum fascinating. Easily the best source of information I could find!

I have two questions I'm hoping someone could help with:
1) my rifle came with a scope, the rear sight removed. I'd love to get my hands on a rear sight but can't find one on the web! I'm in Ireland, so any suggestion that ships here would be much appreciated. I'd prefer an original, but if they're costly are there replicas?
2) the letters ES. I understand E refers to the model that began production in 1985 (mine is a '91). What does the S mean? What's the difference to the standard E model? I promise you I did look around, but couldn't find an answer. Most threads understandably prefer to deal with the older "actual" Brno model 2 rifles of the 50's!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
jonnybegood

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Domaca, does your rifle say Brno Arms Mod 2-ES on the top of the barrell? As far as I know all the ones in the US are Mod 2-E. Look like this on the top of the barrell.

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't know what the " S " is for. We had a member post one that had Brno Arms Mod 2-EH and I don't think we found out what the " H " was for.

I think the rear sight is the same as a CZ 452 Trainer or Lux. If your missing just the leaf and spring you should be able to order the parts that fit the 452 Trainer. If someone has ground off the rear sight mount on the barrell than your in bad shape and I don't know how you can fix it. Look at these pictures or the 452 Trainer rear sight and its removal. Maybe this will help.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=223027

Last edited by jonnybegood; 04-29-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 PM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just a thought but if you're in Ireland, you may be able to contact the CZ company directly or the importer of CZ rifles into the UK. You'll need the sight ladder, elevator slide assembly and the flat spring; i.e., the entire sight assembly that goes into the barrel mount.

The same assembly that fits the "Lux" or "Trainer" should work just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 04:52 AM
pintosal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Domaca, I live in England and have a spare rear sight I could sell you.

If you can post a photo of the rifle, especially what's around the rear sight, then we can judge if mine would fit.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Domaca

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the quick responses!

@johnnybegood Mine looks exactly like that, just with an S after the E. It is threaded for a silencer- no idea if that is a modification or original. If it was original I wonder would that explain the S? I'm doubtful, what would that mean for the 2EH model?? Thankfully the rear sight mount has not been ground off.

@doubs43 I checked the cz online store (http://www.shop-cz.com/rear-sight-se...z-453/d-70887/) It has "write to us" under availability. hmmm, anyone ever deal directly with the store? Something tells me it'll be a troublesome and expensive experience. If it's even available. I'm going to try the private market first!

@pintosal Excellent! I'm in the office right now, but I'll post a picture tonight.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
doubs43

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I hope pintosal's parts work for you. It's very nice of him to offer his sight.

The reason the CZ site may want you to write is if the rear sights are made to different specs for different rifles; possibly to take into account the various barrel lengths. I don't know that to be true but it's a possibility I think.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Domaca

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, I hope I'm doing this right. The pictures should be linked thumbnails. First, for anyone interested, a picture of the model markings showing the 2ES:

@Pintosal I hope these pictures are good enough. Not knowing the difference between mounts I'm not sure what I should be focusing on!

If your rear sight fits you will have made my year!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 PM
DaveCz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pm sent Domaca
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM
doubs43

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'd say your rifle uses the same sight as the 452 Lux or 452 Trainer.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
pintosal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Domaca

I think my sights should fit. Here are some pictures.

Please pm me if you want to follow up.