Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:42 AM
smartypants2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to smartypants2
s-101 target grips

I am looking for target grips for my s-101. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might acquire them?
Also, the compensator port of the gun tends to lead up. I have to scrape it out with an x-acto knife. Are there any suggestions how to handle the leading, either prevention or removal? Thank you all.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:52 PM
wayne38

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
S-101 Target Grips

Good luck on finding an original H.S. pair. I looked for years with no success and finally lucked into a beautiful set of Herritt grips which were made for it.

Wayne38
Old 12-16-2007, 06:57 AM
beb42503

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
There was a pair of Hi Standard original target grips that just closed on eBay. I also found a 101 on GunBroker which had a set "Copy" set of Target Ropers cast in plastic which looked very, very nice. Hopefully there will be a set wind up for sale there in the near future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 AM
smartypants2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
more detail

Here is link to a picture of the grips that I am looking for:

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/ad...hp?itemID=9848

I realize that they're gonna be hard to find, and I may have to get them made by someone (Herretts? Fung?). Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
wayne38

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Yup!!!

Smarty,
Those are Herrett's alright and the pictured gun is almost identical to mine. I have an additional 6" barrel, an aluminum slide and (2) .22 short mags to convert it from the Supermatic configuration to the Olympic set-up. I found my Herrett grips at a gun show in PA about 6 years ago.

Wayne38
Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 PM
dlay

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a s101 that my dad bought me when I was 16 for xmas. I ordered the walnut thumb rest grips for it to replace the plastic grips that it came with. This was in probably 1959, and I still have the plastic grips and the box for the pistol. The wooden grips are still on the gun.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM
dlay

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlay View Post
I have a s101 that my dad bought me when I was 16 for xmas. I ordered the walnut thumb rest grips for it to replace the plastic grips that it came with. This was in probably 1959, and I still have the plastic grips and the box for the pistol. The wooden grips are still on the gun.

These grips were ordered from high standard and I believe the cost was around $9.00. I have the letter and order from high standard on this.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
smartypants2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thanks for the responses

The s-101 is an oldie alright. From Tom Dance's book, and the s/n on the gun, I estimate mine was made in 1957, half a century ago!

It still shoots great, but I find the plastic grips on the gun to be uncomfortable and don't offer enough support for bullseye shooting. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the target grips on the internet or ebay, but it isn't exactly a hot selling item that anyone would offer.

I got it at an auction. It has 'property USMC' stamped on the frame.

Anyway, please keep up the responses. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will have one they want to get rid of.