Marlin Magazine Prices - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:12 PM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Marlin Magazine Prices

WOW,
I just saw two ads in Trading Post for Marlin magazines and had no idea that prices had skyrocketed to the moon for these mags.
A couple of years ago I posted a source for brand new genuine Marlin magazines for the 25 & 80 series rifles that also fit some other Marlin models.
They were genuine Marlin made in Marlin packaging, they had steel bodies with red plastic followers and when I first posted they were available for only $8.00 each.
Being as I had a store brand 80 and a couple of 25's and another old mag fed Marling I bought close to 2 dozen altogether of these at that time. I removed them from the original plastic packaging at the time as the packaging just took up too much darn room in my limited storage space in my gun room, but I probably never actually used more than a few of them to actually go shooting.
I don't use my old Marlins much as no offense meant.
I do like the Marlins I have or I wouldn't have bought them and purchase a lot of extra magazines for them and there is nothing wrong with them and I'll never sell them, but my main interests in older .22 rifles are with a couple of different brand rifles so please don't flame me.
In all reality I probably don't need more than 3 magazines for each of my rifles.

I never bought them with any intention of reselling them in the future for any kind of profit or I would never posted my source for the availability of these mags back when they were on 8 bucks

I'm a disabled Vietnam veteran with a fixed income and a LOT of health problems. I've been fighting the VA for over 8 years now for Agent Orange benefits.
Occasionally I'm still able to take one of my old Harley's out for a short ride but the main thing I'm still able to do is find old .22 rifles and work on them and I particularly enjoy rescuing old 'parts' rifles and getting them back functioning and shooting like they did back when we both were much younger. Chasing down the missing parts is part of the enjoyment and sometimes I'm able to get out to go shooting and see if my efforts were successful. I don't really sell any of the rifles later on so I save my nickels up for my next projects.

So, as I stated before I never bought all these mags with the idea of selling them later for any reason, let alone for possible profits. Sometimes I do sell spare/extra parts I know I'll never need for a slight profit to pour into my other projects.

A Should I sell some of them now?

B Should I hold onto them for now with the possibility of prices rising further?

C If I should decide to sell some of them to get some funds for future projects who much should I sell them for? This morning on The Trading Post here on RFC I saw two ads for magazines, one had 2 mags for $150 and the other had one mag for $90. These ads are what made me to to post this.

Thanks,
LarDaBear
Old 05-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I recently sold my extras on ebay , averaged $80 a piece. But mine were still iin the packaging. Dont think they’re gonna go much higher. The original originals with the steel followers go for even more..
I kept the two of those i have for my Glenfield model 20.
So yeah, Id sell them.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:53 PM
Whig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can't go wrong with some profit on them if you do sell a few. Anything more could be greedy and you become part of the problem.

Help someone else who may be looking for a deal on something they may need!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2021, 04:35 PM
vinco

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I'd list some on ebay with a $10.00 start and no reserve and let the market dictate their value. You'll probably end up with $80 or more each and not feel bad for setting the price too high - the buyers dictate what they want to pay.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Jammer22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome Home Navy, thank you! Sorry about the VA. Put the Mags on eBay and let the market decide what they are worth.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:03 AM
jerryray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger could start up the Marlin magazine production line any time and then the current price will drop. Or maybe they never will make any more magazines. I don't see the price going much higher than it is now but who knows. A Marlin 50 magazine recently went for $200 but that is a rare one.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:46 AM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinco View Post
I'd list some on ebay with a $10.00 start and no reserve and let the market dictate their value. You'll probably end up with $80 or more each and not feel bad for setting the price too high - the buyers dictate what they want to pay.
That is what I would do.

Good luck
Old 06-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Machias

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://americanriflemagazines.com/

I just ordered three old style model 25 magazines last week. They arrived four days later. They look every bit as good as stock. I'll try to test them today or tomorrow and get back. Maybe the drought is over!
Old 06-05-2021, 08:52 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Machias

That is an excellent find!
Old 06-07-2021, 07:13 PM
Machias

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I loaded up and fired all three with seven rounds each, no problems. Not an extensive test but good so far. I would not be surprised if this company was the subcontractor for Marlin (and Remington) under the previous ownership. They required firm pressure to get them to seat on a closed bolt, which is not uncommon for Marlin mags. For $21.95 can't beat them. Better than paying $100 on ebay...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210605_104516.jpg (489.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
So which one of these beautiful magazine should i buy for my 917M2,the pre or the post 1996?

Last edited by Toomany22s; 06-07-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:36 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Post '96
Old 06-08-2021, 05:47 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg View Post
Post '96
Thank you.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:19 AM
Wreagan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias View Post
https://americanriflemagazines.com/

I just ordered three old style model 25 magazines last week. They arrived four days later. They look every bit as good as stock. I'll try to test them today or tomorrow and get back. Maybe the drought is over!
Thanks for the link. I just ordered 2 mags for my Model 25's.

WLR in E TN
Old 06-08-2021, 08:47 AM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
I’d sell them for the current going rate regardless what I paid for them and not even look back. Buy low sell high.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"