Mark IV Standard Venom Red Dot Mount - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Matt314

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mark IV Standard Venom Red Dot Mount

Hello... If I wanted to mount the Venom or Burris red dot, can someone who has mounted one to a Mark IV Standard tell me exactly what I need to mount it? Thanks for your advice.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:32 PM
Racer X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
98% (41)
The barrel contour doesn't matter, the receivers are all the same. https://lobos-industries.com/product...-profile-mount He is hoping to have more available middle of the week.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:19 PM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Or, if you're not concerned with getting your red dot as low as possible, you could purchase the Ruger picatinny rail for your Mark IV pistol here, direct from Ruger, for $14.95 and have the option of mounting your Venom to it (or any other red dot optic that utilizes a picatinny mount) using the picatinny mount that comes with the optic, or you could use standard rings to mount a scope. This will afford you other options if you decide to change your optic down the road, whereas the LOBOS mount, as great as it is, limits you to whatever optics combination that you choose to purchase, in this case either the Venom/Viper/FF3 platform -or- the Trijicon RMR/Holosun platform.

'Just something to consider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2021, 08:25 PM
lasnyder
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
if you want a utilitarian mount I used one of the DPP Titanium (7075-T6) mounts on Venom on an Advantage Arms conversion for a G17very tough material

https://www.amazon.com/DPP-Titanium-.../dp/B08VHC4W2D
Old 05-08-2021, 09:16 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
EGW has a real nice dovetail mount and it won't break the bank.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:39 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I prefer the dovetail mount and have two MK pistols using that setup. The one from Amazon appears to be about the same as the EGW for less money.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:59 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the shadow mount 2 from tandemkross. I like it because I can mount the dot in two locations. I can mount it closer to the rear sight, or further forward over the chamber. It also will accomodate just about any red dot .

Before this, I had their picatinny rail. The shadow 2 mound lowered the red dot a little more than 1/8" closer to the bore. I'm very happy with it. TK will take it back and refund if you are not happy. They refunded me for their picatinny rail after I owned it for 2 years.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:40 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasnyder View Post
if you want a utilitarian mount I used one of the DPP Titanium (7075-T6) mounts on Venom on an Advantage Arms conversion for a G17very tough material

https://www.amazon.com/DPP-Titanium-.../dp/B08VHC4W2D
That mount is for a S&W M&P, not a Ruger Mk-series. They may make a Ruger compatible mount but that isn't it.

Alchin makes a Ruger compatible red dot mount that doesn't require removing the rear sight and fits a wide variety of red dot footprints including the Vortex/Venom. It sells for about the same as the EGW mount, which is very good but more limited in the variety of red dots it accommodates and does require removing the rear sight.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:54 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://outerimpact.com/product-category/red-dot-mount/
Fits the barrel contour and you don't have to remove your sights.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:56 AM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I figured that I ought to post a closeup image of the LOBOS Industries low profile Ruger mount/Venom red dot sight atop my Mark IV 22/45 Lite. The mount itself is streamlined/less bulky and very aesthetically pleasing when compared to similar types of mounts that are currently available, and lacks any kind of lettering or identifying manufacturer marks - which I prefer:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:02 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is a pic of the TK mount. It can be reversed if you like the dot closer to the rear sight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruger resize2.jpg (69.6 KB, 69 views)