HB Bmag’s purchased in the last year, performance - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2021, 10:26 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
C'mon Gerald, what would happen were the shoe on the other foot?
Never will know because I don't work that way...
Old 05-15-2021, 02:55 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (48)
I took my synthetic Savage Bmag HB to the range again today as I thought the accuracy shown last time was maybe a fluke. It wasn't. The gun shoots very well. I am in the process of putting a better scope on it but today I used a Weaver V9 AO. Set at 9x, the Bmag plunked American Eagle 20 gr. ammo into 1/2" at 50 yards. I really like this gun: range up to 200 yards, relatively cheap to shoot, no reloading and it cost so little to buy.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:22 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Sounds good Sir, waiting for mine to cycle through my gunsmiths back log...
Old 05-15-2021, 10:05 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (48)
Yes, we've been waiting on your smith, too. Let us know how it shoots with the new stock, etc. I don't really think I can improve on mine but a better shooter might. I have a younger friend . . . think I'll take him to the range next time. Younger eyes.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:11 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I overhauled my Savage BMAG WSM and it's raining every day I am off work. I need a dry weekend day to shoot it to get the dope on it. I also topped the rifle with a new Burris 3X-9X.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:06 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
Yes, we've been waiting on your smith, too. Let us know how it shoots with the new stock, etc. I don't really think I can improve on mine but a better shooter might. I have a younger friend . . . think I'll take him to the range next time. Younger eyes.
On the Rota for mid June I'm told, that's what happens when you send everyone to your favorite Gunsmith, lol. He's well worn the wait. Did a great job on my H&R conversion and barrel shortening/threading.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Range to Target is Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcl2 View Post
The thing is for the average hunter the dispersion rate is not as big of a deal as drop, I don’t think I’ve ever missed an animal due to accuracy but certainly have due to misjudged range. I think if rifle and ammo manufacturers can achieve 1.5” moa from this caliber I’ll call it a big success. As for now it’s super hit or miss. With the main culprit being the ammo.
Knock wood, the lots of Hornady and Winchester 20g I have been shooting over the past year have been fine. I don't shoot at paper except to zero at 100 yards. Paper easily exaggerates "faults in ammunition" that easily could be amplified by the shooter's input and/or the environment.

I couldn't agree more with your point of a "misjudged range" to target in the field as being the most likely reason for missing shots. Western Coyotes are easily twice, or more, the size of the largest Eastern Woodchucks. The best accessory that has made more of my shots land consistent Woodchuck head shots (within a 2" circle) from 50 to 204 yards has been my Sig Range Finder. I have killed 10 Chucks this year, all with head shots. I have missed cleanly four times. Every miss was directly attributable to me bouncing the laser off of ground beyond my target.

I have no doubts that after you get your rifle set up and range the Coyotes that there will be many dead Coyotes.

Last edited by Bradical; 06-12-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Eastern Woodchucks, not Easter ;)
Old 06-12-2021, 04:29 PM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Hoping the good results I got with the 15.5's continue as I've got a brick of that lot, that'll last me a long time, a couple of hundred rounds of 20gr as well and got good accuracy with the few I fired. If it will consistently hold 2.5-3 inches at 200 yards I'll be a happy camper, and better will be happier.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Hoping the good results I got with the 15.5's continue as I've got a brick of that lot, that'll last me a long time, a couple of hundred rounds of 20gr as well and got good accuracy with the few I fired. If it will consistently hold 2.5-3 inches at 200 yards I'll be a happy camper, and better will be happier.
Yeah on happy, gmd!
Old 06-17-2021, 06:36 AM
Hogan1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just purchased a HB BMag with synthetic stock. Rifle shoots great groups with 20 grain Vmax. Only issue is I have to hold the rear of the mag to get reliable feeding. This is my sight in target at 100 yards. I walked it in and the last 3 rounds are in the middle of the target sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2021, 08:00 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not too shabby for mere hunting ammo Hogan.