Better-Mag Adapter - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2021, 11:42 AM
WVdavidB

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I ordered the shims too but didn't play around to see where they really needed to go. The BAM worked for me after a few times fiddling with it so I just left it in place and made that lower a dedicated 22.

Is the mag well/lower necked down on a S&W lower? I never fooled with them much. I bought a Colt AR22 years back because I didn't want a plastic toy feeling gun. Not against them as I own Kel Tecs, lol, but I wanted an aluminum upper/lower like a real AR. The Colt had the world's worst trigger and no LRBHO so after seeing threads on here like this one it got sold and I built my dedicated 22. Now I'm pleased with it but had a lot of the similar trial and error like everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2021, 11:46 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdavidB View Post
I ordered the shims too but didn't play around to see where they really needed to go. The BAM worked for me after a few times fiddling with it so I just left it in place and made that lower a dedicated 22.
I've done that too; it worked well.

Quote:
Is the mag well/lower necked down on a S&W lower?
S&W 15-22 lowers have proprietary dimensions including the magazine well. You can't fit an AR (or BDM/CMMG) magazine into it.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:50 AM
WVdavidB

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
At least you can put a regular trigger into them unlike the Colt which is made by Uramex.

The Franklin in my build makes a lot of fun wasting ammo. I wonder if the Rare Breeds will work in a 22?

Old 03-27-2021, 03:12 PM
LTTG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I ordered the shims too but didn't play around to see where they really needed to go....

Sent you a PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:37 AM
turbo4d
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I was having similar issues with the better-mag 22 rimfire adapter bolt hold open operation also. The adapter bolt hold open and 5.56 bolt release worked fine without the upper installed. As soon as I installed the upper, even without the CMMG bolt, it would lock up the adapter bolt hold open and 5.56 bolt release solid. Neither would move at all. After some head scratching and tinkering I noticed that the upper would not close easily, and it required downward force on the rear of the upper before I could push in the take down pin. I noticed that the front two corners of the adapter were rubbing the inside of the upper. Closing the upper was putting so much force on the adapter it caused the bolt hold open to completely bind up. So, I added a larger radius to the front two edges of the adapter that sit above the lower. Now the upper closes on the lower easily, and the bolt hold open works perfect.