Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Mark1964
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Was I fair?

OK, just posted some ammo on a state gun owners site. (Not trying to sell here; don't want to ship.)
Anyway, I'm wondering if I offered fair prices? I thought so. I'm not sure I could replace at exactly these prices at moment, but could maybe come fairly close.
I thought I was reasonable for the current market. What do you guys think?
- CCI MinMag 40 grain RN ... $80 per brick
- CCI Stingers ... $100 per brick
- Win Super-X 1280 fps HPs ... $65 per brick
- Federal BYOB 1,100 ... $100 each
Don't want to gouge, but trying to raise some bucks for a new rifle project.
Was I in the ballpark?
(I do understand the market will tell me; was just curious.)
Old 05-01-2021, 01:14 PM
Whig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The answer is simple. If someone buys from you, they are satisfied with your prices. If no one bites, lower your prices. Good luck. Glad I bought years ago!
Old 05-01-2021, 02:15 PM
STRUGL4X'SC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Those are jacked up pretty good, but if you sold them for what they are supposed to cost, then there would be reasons to question your well being.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2021, 02:22 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1964 View Post
OK, just posted some ammo on a state gun owners site. (Not trying to sell here; don't want to ship.)
Anyway, I'm wondering if I offered fair prices? I thought so. I'm not sure I could replace at exactly these prices at moment, but could maybe come fairly close.
Was I in the ballpark?
More than fair. You probably won't be collecting tax and shipping would be reasonable. As good as we find on the ammo available thread.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:47 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Was I fair?

Quote:
Was I in the ballpark?

Look on CCIí e page. They have current prices posted. If you figure in the $12 shipping they charge.

CCI MM 11.99 per 100 x 5= 59.99+12=71.99.

Looks like your prices right where it should be.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 05-01-2021, 06:26 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
And you

And you have the product. They call say I will take it, you say OK.

NO BACKORDER OR OOS.

chuck40219
Old 05-01-2021, 07:55 PM
bmwmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't worry at all. If someone buys, they considered the price fair. 'Nough said.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Is it gone yet? If so , you were fair. If not, you might have to lower your prices. These arenít buddies, these are people, who didnt buy when it was cheap, and so they are paying now.

Personally, I wouldnít buy any of that ammo, unless it was at pre panic prices, and I knew then what I know today. Just donít like hv ammo , or stangers. But like you i have a few boxes , just for a rainy day.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Mark1964

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Is it gone yet? If so , you were fair. If not, you might have to lower your prices. These arenít buddies, these are people, who didnt buy when it was cheap, and so they are paying now.

Personally, I wouldnít buy any of that ammo, unless it was at pre panic prices, and I knew then what I know today. Just donít like hv ammo , or stangers. But like you i have a few boxes , just for a rainy day.
This is essentially 1/2 my stock from when I was shooting HV exclusively.
Then I found out about the advantages of SV, particularly for precision and for long-range rimfire gunning. Now, good SV is all I look for.
If I don't sell this HV at these prices, I''ll likely drop 'em a bit. But, after a point, if the stuff doesn't go I'll just put it back in the closet.
Worse that can happen is that I have to fund the rifle project out of savings. There are worse things. I'm shooting reasonably well, reasonably often. S'all good here.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:46 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmc View Post
Don't worry at all. If someone buys, they considered the price fair. 'Nough said.
Yes..If they buy it they must have thought you were selling just right

You would net sell it to me for that...Cheapest I seen for plinking stuff at the Gun Show today was 50 to 60.00 a brick, with the occasional crazy guy at over a 100.00 a brick..Of course I never seen anyone buying it though..Most will go home at the end of the weekend with it..
Old 05-01-2021, 10:43 PM
Mark1964

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Two of the four lots I posted went today.
Must have been roughly in the ballpark.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:40 AM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Two of the four lots I posted went today.
Must have been roughly in the ballpark.
Although I wish that I could find plentiful and cheap ammo these days, most of us can't. It's one or the other.

I think your listed prices are fair, and if they sold, so did the people that purchased it!
Old 05-02-2021, 07:00 AM
BCR1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
50% (0)
I'm totally amazed that Federal 550 bulks I bought less than 18 months a go @ wally
for $20 + tax that now sell for $75+ is nuts. I feel that $55, a dime each for regular HV, would be a fair price these days.

I have 15 bulk boxes so I might test the local GOC waters as to finance a case or so of good SV that I was informed should show up next month or July.

Bill
Old 05-02-2021, 08:01 AM
Mark1964

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR1 View Post
I'm totally amazed that Federal 550 bulks I bought less than 18 months a go @ wally
for $20 + tax that now sell for $75+ is nuts. I feel that $55, a dime each for regular HV, would be a fair price these days.

I have 15 bulk boxes so I might test the local GOC waters as to finance a case or so of good SV that I was informed should show up next month or July.

Bill
Yeah, I got the dime out of the Federal bulk buckets and think I pulled 11 or 12 cents from the MiniMags.
Both of those were good for me. Not trying to get rich or trying to rob anyone. Actually just putting the money toward an Anschutz & a new scope.
Am also looking at a Kidd Super Grade, for which I'd also need another piece of glass.
Never thought I'd go this far down the rabbit hole, but I've caught the precision .22 bug. We have a good group of guys at our club. It's competitive, but we all get along great and have a great time at our matches, both steel and paper.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:58 PM
smith627

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walmart .22 ammo

22 LR ammo may become easier to get in the near future as I was lucky last week to come across boxes at two Walmarts within a few miles of my house.
I was able to get two Fed Automatch 325ct boxes @ $17.75 each and 7-50ct. boxes of CCI SV @ $3.67 each.
I called my weekly shooting buddy while I was in one store and he came immediately and bought the last two Automatch boxes they had.
These were the first .22 LR boxes I had seen in these two WMarts in 6 months.
I just got lucky because I rarely go inside Walmart unless the wife sends me there to by food items she forgot.

Last edited by smith627; 05-02-2021 at 04:08 PM.