Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:53 PM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Subsonic View Post
It is so unfortunate that this started out as a simple post about a new gun and the experience with it. Then somehow it got turned into a pissing contest. Makes me so sorry I ever got involved in this thread. So sad, I was hoping for better..........................
I'll never understand people who have the nerve to openly question groups that people post. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical but when you start asking for more proof it seems like it crosses a line to me. No good is going to come of it and it's more likely to make the person in question feel bad, especially if they groups are actually as spectacular as they say they are.

I'd much rather see more encouraging responses, even if you don't quite believe what you're seeing. How about....hey great shooting! or...wow you really have a great shooter there. Instead some of these guys feel like they have to drag their negativity into someone's post. I feel sad for them and for the people they're trying to drag down

Old 04-13-2021, 09:57 PM
sphillips45
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Itís all good I have thick skin, I really have no reason to lie about my groups. The rifle has really surprised me on how accurate it is.

Sorry this post has turned into a pissing contest I was just trying to show off my rifle and some of the groups I was able to shoot with it.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:36 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
I'll never understand people who have the nerve to openly question groups that people post. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical but when you start asking for more proof it seems like it crosses a line to me. No good is going to come of it and it's more likely to make the person in question feel bad, especially if they groups are actually as spectacular as they say they are.

I'd much rather see more encouraging responses, even if you don't quite believe what you're seeing. How about....hey great shooting! or...wow you really have a great shooter there. Instead some of these guys feel like they have to drag their negativity into someone's post. I feel sad for them and for the people they're trying to drag down
Well said Pat...
Old 04-14-2021, 08:42 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I'll never understand people who have the nerve to openly question groups that people post. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical but when you start asking for more proof it seems like it crosses a line to me.
No one should cast unfounded aspersions on a poster, criticize him unfairly, or attack him personally.

To be fair, however, what Mr. S-S saw as a "pissing contest" seems more like skepticism (albeit characterized by reference to a higher power probably less interested in firearms than in the word of God) than an unresolvable superiority competition. This is what the first contestant said yesterday of the original two groups shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterReady View Post
5 shot groups? Or 10 shot groups? OP says 10 shot groups. Either one would lead one to believe that you have a rifle created by Jesus Christ himself.

6x5 target please.
Another poster followed, agreeing with the disbelief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggershoe View Post
SR-- the OP clarified that they are 5-shot groups. Pretty darn small groups... Outstanding, in fact. Having said that, I do tend to agree with your statement, though... Hmmnn, but where-o-where do I acquire another JC 'smithed rifle? Hey, it's all in good fun. To the OP, you have a really accurate Bergara there, you had better hang on to it
The original skeptic replied
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterReady View Post
If he had said they are 3 shot groups @ 25 yards, I would have no problem believing that. However, 10 shots (or even 5 shots) @ 50 yards using mid-grade ammo makes me very, very skeptical.

A 6x5 would be nice.
I myself said the first two groups "look incredible".

As noted, there's nothing wrong with skepticism. No one should always accept a statement or claim at face value particularly when it may be unexpected. Perhaps it crosses a line to express a desire to see a target that can't be cherry-picked, but readers would always like to see more results from a rifle that produces remarkable ten shot groups.

A lot of readers, especially newer ones, who may be considering a rifle -- any rifle -- under discussion would benefit from a fuller exposition of what a rifle and ammo can achieve. Many inexperienced shooters, as we all were at some point, may be influenced by what they read and see in posts on forums like this, especially when the results are obtained with affordable, non-match ammo.

At the same time, it's clear that the OP hasn't made claims about his rifle shooting repeated "all day long" results like those shown. He's not telling anyone that all Bergara rifles will shoot like his does. He responded to requests for results from his new rifle and produced them.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:11 AM
thauglor

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:

No offense PwNolan, but that is the same reasoning as giving everyone a trophy for participation. Why should we encourage people posting unbelievable groups? Shouldn't it be the other way around, that people with amazing groups should have to prove them?

I don't view threads with examples of how great people's rifles are shooting, except for a few people that have proved their worth with their knowledgeable posts, and history of posts and actually shoot in matches. Trust is earned, and it is very easy to lie on the internet.

Every day someone posts something that should be a new benchrest record, but alas, they never actually compete in any sanctioned matches. And always find excuses to attend any matches with competition.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:17 AM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (62)
Lots of good shots that never shot in a match. Many former match shooters and winners out there that can still shoot a good target now and then.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:50 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
On the original subject of the rifle, a friend (the gent I bought my PCP from) has one and says the only .22lr he owns that will out shoot it is his Anschutz 1913, I know he can shoot (known him for a long time, what with and against hime). I hate the magazine set up of these and the Vudoo or I'd have one.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:26 AM
Mythbuster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphillips45 View Post
50 yard 10 shot groups. Using Fed Auto Match and Geco Rifle Match
Amazing that rifle is capable of shooting junk like Fed auto match like that
Old 04-23-2021, 08:01 PM
sphillips45
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
[QUOTE=Mythbuster;12294091]Amazing that rifle is capable of shooting junk like Fed auto match like that[/QUOTE

It has surprised me on how well it shoots fed auto match
Old 04-30-2021, 06:35 PM
c1a1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=sphillips45;12294659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Amazing that rifle is capable of shooting junk like Fed auto match like that[/QUOTE

It has surprised me on how well it shoots fed auto match
I have found Fed auto match to be very accurate in various Brno's. Wish I had bought more of it.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Bo22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad OP is enjoying his B14R 22. I also have shot small groups with my B14R and not $15 a box ammo. OP shoot the lights out and have fun, I do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210402_092221_1620044413472.jpg (568.0 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Bo22; 05-03-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Insert picture
Old 05-03-2021, 09:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo22 View Post
Glad OP is enjoying his B14R 22. I also have shot small groups with my B14R and not $15 a box ammo. OP shoot the lights out and have fun, I do.
Sweet setup! Is your stock hydro dipped ? That is sharp ! Me likey.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:57 AM
AR15-SBR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Subsonic View Post
Sweet setup! Is your stock hydro dipped ? That is sharp ! Me likey.
Yes, I would like to know as well.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:46 AM
Bo22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. No, it is not dipped. I call it a sponge bath. Sea Sponge and Rustoleum.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Bo22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
B14R pic update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210519_075847.jpg (574.9 KB, 14 views)