Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:38 AM
hoechst62

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
457 Questions

Going to lighten the trigger pull on a 457 Varmint
Will that change any other settings creep-break-reset ?

What is the torque setting (inch pounds) to tighten the stock to the action?
Old 08-06-2020, 10:46 AM
PuddleJumper65
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I torque mine to 20 inch lbs , but I think it’s try and see what your gun likes, there’s a great video on you tube put out by CZ on adjusting the trigger..

PJ

Last edited by PuddleJumper65; 08-06-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:01 PM
BirdieBirdie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
457 trigger drawing search. Will show and explain for you everything regarding the trigger. Best post ever. And once you tinker with it some, it will be a piece of pie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2020, 09:22 PM
Southern1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoechst62 View Post
Going to lighten the trigger pull on a 457 Varmint
Will that change any other settings creep-break-reset ?
NO

If you back out the trigger weight screw and locknut, this will not change the sear engagement or over-travel settings. Just backing out the weight screw (the spring is captured and will not come out with the screw) should bring the pull down to the 2.5lb range.

Adjusting the sear engagement (screw on the trigger inside the trigger guard) will shave off a few more ozs. Check the trigger pull if you change the sear engagement, too little will cause an unstable trigger. Cocking the rifle and back off the screw until the trigger releases and turn back up 1/4 turn. Test the trigger from here, just a little turn on the screw makes a huge differance in weight and stability.

All this can be done without driving out the trigger pin (pin must be removed to change spring).
Old 08-07-2020, 03:22 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (150)
Changing the trigger pull weight will NOT change anything else, but..... it can change FELT creep more with a lighter trigger.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:15 AM
Southern1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Changing the trigger pull weight will NOT change anything else, but..... it can change FELT creep more with a lighter trigger.
I agree. The 457 is easily adjustable, so the creep can be taken out with the sear adjustment.

I changed the springs on three 455's (no sear adjustment on 455's, requires a shim tube to correct creep), two came out great, the third while it has a light trigger, it feels like a HUGE amount of creep. The trigger creeps a long way at 6oz, then hits a wall and takes 2-3 more oz to release. It needs a YO Dave shim to take out the creep. Before changing the spring the creep was not as noticable. Also the trigger break was not as consistent over the three 455's, 8 to 14 oz. No screws to tweek.

The 457 trigger is a big improvement over the 455.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:26 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
The first step in adjusting a 457 is adjusting the sear, if done in the correct sequence I've gotten mine down to about a 20 ozs., haven't done my At One yet. May spend a little money for it.