How many rounds have been fired through you 10/22? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:03 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Had a nylon bolt in mine for awhile until it cracked. I bought some pro mag ones to try but most of my 1022s have the steel stop in place now. A lot of the cheap after market ones weren't very well made.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Loke
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got my first one for Christmas in 1976. I have replaced the barrel and stock, but still have the originals. The original barrel is still fine, I just wanted one with a heavy profile. Other than the extractor, the action and trigger are still all original. I wouldn't be surprised if it has had more than 200,000 rounds through it. Still going strong.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:52 AM
iron85

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
The only factory 10/22 I have Iím unsure of. It was my dads and I know he shot it a lot. Then he gave it to my grandfather and he shot it a lot along with all of the grandkids, and when he twenty into an assisted living apartment he couldnít take it and he gave it to me. Iíve probably put 2k through it since. I donít even dare to guess. It has now been cpcíd and is a great shooter.

I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7k through my kidd build. Itís a sporter rifle and my go to for most of my plinking and hunting.

Iron
Old 06-03-2020, 11:49 AM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I received my first 10/22 as a gift around 1970.

It was a Jam-O-Matic.

Iíve built several customs since then, using AMT receivers, then MOA receivers and now Kingston Armory receivers. It wouldnít be a fair comparison since these are all steel receivers. I donít think you could wear out a steel receiver 10/22. I also think it would take a real long time to wear out an aluminum receiver. I donít think a person could do it in a regular lifetime of shooting.

I have a Belgium Browning Challenger that has over 250,000 rounds through it and it was well used when I bought it. I shoot it more than all my other firearms combined. Iím not sure an aluminum receiver 10/22 would last that long without regularly changing out the recoil spring and having a decent buffer in it. The hammering against that factory steel pin in an aluminum receiver probably wouldnít last 250,000 rounds. That is my educated guess.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:26 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 2008 DSP bought new. No mods except DIY nylon bolt stop. It doesn't have a thousand rounds so far. Shoots fine and looks like new; I'm just not into rifles like I am handguns.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatter View Post
I have a 2008 DSP bought new. No mods except DIY nylon bolt stop. It doesn't have a thousand rounds so far. Shoots fine and looks like new; I'm just not into rifles like I am handguns.
I think my first 10/22 had a thousand rounds thru it the first weekend I had it
Old 06-05-2020, 03:05 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
I think my first 10/22 had a thousand rounds thru it the first weekend I had it
I know where you are coming from. I would take my Belgium Challenger out at least 3 weekends a month for a 550 bulk pack put through it, each outing.

I would buy the ammo by the case, usually buying 4 to 6 cases at a time.