TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Part 1 article with Ammo MFG...

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...e-emily-miller
Old 06-19-2021, 12:25 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I don't have access to the statistics that the manufacturers do, but if there are indeed that many more shooters that should mean a long term increase in demand. So it's time for adding manufacturing capacity if that is the case. Given the time that it takes to get things going they should have started months ago. Are they? Or are we in for perpetual short supplies and skyrocketing prices? Capitalists get going!
Old 06-19-2021, 04:04 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
1. With the risk looming that demand will be legislated away no businessman will invest in new capacity.
2. After 16 months of partial shut down they are having a hard time filling the distribution chain back up . Especially with existing supply chain and labor issues.
3. The New gun buyers arent gun enthusiasts, yet, they are buying out fear motivation.

I have been shown my friends new guns , they know im an enthusiast, and there they are ,still in boxes, sitting on top of cases of unopened ammo. Magazines still in plastic bags, iI say have you shot it yet, and they look bewildered. Its like me and my doomsday food, that i have never cooked or tasted , and hope never to have to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2021, 04:41 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Some of the demand is new gun owners but most of them underestimate what they would need. Some think 100, 500 or 1000 rounds is enough. Since they are seldom shooting it, I don't think they are buying more.

Last year at the range, you might have to wait for a lane. This year there are no waits and plenty of lanes to choose from.

Agree with Toomany22s.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:38 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
So we end up with a fear driven self fulfilled prophecy and perpetual shortage with ever increasing prices. Fear keeps people grabbing it up and fear keeps the manufacturers from increasing capacity. Sounds nicely bleak, especially to us on fixed incomes. That song "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades" was off just a wee little bit....
Old 06-19-2021, 05:54 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Political unrest and fear are going to put the bite on shooting without the gun grabbers ever signing any new laws or installing any past threatened outrageous taxes. Just holler BOO a few times and watch us sink ourselves. Humans think we're so intelligent but we're not but a step advanced from beating each other to death for a meal.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Last year at the range, you might have to wait for a lane. This year there are no waits and plenty of lanes to choose from.
Not the case here. Thru all of this, there has been no observable change and we often have to wait unless we get there as the doors open = and then there's a line to sign in.

Same at the forest land 100yd range we go to, as often as not, we had to wait to get a bench.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:21 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
Political unrest and fear are going to put the bite on shooting without the gun grabbers ever signing any new laws or installing any past threatened outrageous taxes. Just holler BOO a few times and watch us sink ourselves. Humans think we're so intelligent but we're not but a step advanced from beating each other to death for a meal.
And its that realization that has caused this very issue.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:13 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I should have taken up archery! Not that it isn't expensive too, but the equipment does seem to be available.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:02 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
I have been shown my friends new guns , they know im an enthusiast, and there they are ,still in boxes, sitting on top of cases of unopened ammo. Magazines still in plastic bags, iI say have you shot it yet, and they look bewildered. Its like me and my doomsday food, that i have never cooked or tasted , and hope never to have to

Camp neighbor has a 22rf pistol for SD he has yet to shoot. He gave me a box of 22Mag ammo he bought but wouldn't fit in the gun.

Ding-bat friend of the wife's prison guard son bought his mom a cf pistol for SD and she still doesn't know which end of the gun the bullet comes out.
She won't lock her doors so her son can bring his kids over whenever he wants to instead of giving him a key.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I should have taken up archery! Not that it isn't expensive too, but the equipment does seem to be available.
You only buy the projectiles once..

My dad did, he was shooting 100m bulls. Unbelievable.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:06 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
So we end up with a fear driven self fulfilled prophecy and perpetual shortage with ever increasing prices. Fear keeps people grabbing it up and fear keeps the manufacturers from increasing capacity.
These guys are pretty straight forward..Imho:

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/relo...p69h340x6fl89r

True story a month ago..have things changed

pipestone
Old 06-20-2021, 10:06 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Glad I got into reloading decades ago and have plenty of supplies on hand.

I train new shooters and take them to the range. They say I cannot find ammo! I say, no problem I've got you covered!

It has cost me a bit over the years but I feel getting new shooters started properly is worth it in the long run.

Which reminds me that I had better get myself reloading a whole lot more!!!

R
Old 06-21-2021, 09:13 AM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
1. With the risk looming that demand will be legislated away no businessman will invest in new capacity.
2. After 16 months of partial shut down they are having a hard time filling the distribution chain back up . Especially with existing supply chain and labor issues.
3. The New gun buyers arent gun enthusiasts, yet, they are buying out fear motivation.
I totally agree with your three points, especially number 1. This is a very volatile time in our country. What might have been considered "unthinkable" a few years ago is commonplace today. On the front lines of this volatility are firearms, ammo and the 2nd Amendment.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:34 AM
gastooon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hm Its an interesting article for reading. I will write own article about this topic. But Actually I am bad at writing and use help of https://assignmentshark.com/ its helped me a lot espcially with big essays on hard topic.

Last edited by gastooon; 06-25-2021 at 02:02 AM.