Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:12 PM
coloradogeezer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More online "auction" fun! Not!

Yep, it happened yet again. Sent an email asking questions about an Anschutz listed on one of the online auctions, and still haven't heard a frigin thing back. Granted, it's only been about 24 hours or so, but come on! In this day of modern technology, and the ability to "check" email, voice mail, etc in just seconds, isn't it just a little ridiculous to not get a response to your email questions about a gun within 24 hours? If I'm not mistaken, I would be willling to bet that most people who are attempting to SELL something, (especially a "luxury" level, high cost 22 rifle) might just be inclined to CHECK for messages of prospective, serious, buyers?

Whatever, if he doesn't respond by tonight, along with a reason for his delay, I won't be buying squat from him.

Having worked in sales for years, it just astounds me to see how many SELLERS seem to take this "ho-hum" attitude about getting back to SERIOUS buyers. You should NEVER take a seriously interested, potential buyer for granted. If you do, YOU, the SELLER, will lose every time.

On the other hand, if you sell guns on the web, and you RESPOND to people QUICKLY and don't ridicule them for asking "specific" but legitimate questions, you will find that they will likely refer you to others, or even buy more items from you in the future.

While it may not seem like there is any "rush" to get back this quickly with a response to the potential "buyer" the seller should NEVER, EVER underestimate the power of a HOT LEAD!

With items that are WANTS, and not really NEEDS, a potential buyer can very quickly lose interest in spending his money, given enough time to "reconsider" his decision to act on his desire to "buy"

It's not Rocket Science guys! Respond quickly, courteously, and honestly, and with significant "detail" about condition, etc, and you will often make the sale. Otherwise, go ahead and be a "bone-head" and you can wait for months until you finally sell your item to someone with a "lot of patience" to deal with your lack of appreciation for their "hard earned" dollars to be spent!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
chips1443

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i just don't like it when i see mislabled products for sale on the auctions... i was looking for a 37mm flare launcher, and found one listed as a "grenade launcher". there's a pretty big difference between the two, and the steps required to obtain them.

and then i saw several g-36 mags listed as "sl8-1" mags despite the fact that a double stack g-36 mag won't fit in a single stack sl8 mag well

oh, and their gradex scales are so far off it's not even funny... 100% NIB rifles shown out of the box with scrathes on the stock and handling marks on the reciever and barrell.

i'll stick with ordering from my local shop. it's worth paying a little bit more to have faith in the quality of a firearm that i'm buying
Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Fan of 22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sure is frustrating! I don't care what it is or where, but it's irritating to have to put forth lots of extra effort to get someone to take my money!!! Happens way too often. I guess I remember when customer service meant something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
shtrdave

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Most places customer service seems to be nonexsitant. It seems to be in every field, not just guns, although the gun industry is one of the better, I have dealt with, especially the manufacturers.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Fatstrat

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If a seller refuses to answer questions, I simply won't buy from them. But with that said, while I haven't sold many guns online, I've sold alot of milsurp stuff (bayonets helmets etc) on eBay. I post the best pics I can (granted my camera and photography skills aren't the best) and give honest detailed descriptions. And still there are ALWAYS several yahoos who ask stupid questions and want more pics. I usually respond anyway and have noted that after all this, these people seldom even bid.
I'm not implying anything towards you. I think a seller should reply to all questions. But I have been very tempted to ignore stupid questions as in my experiece these people usually aren't serious anyway.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Slowalkintexan

Texas' beautiful hill country, Michigan's golden left coast.
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good things about the auction sites.

I've used both Gunbroker, and Auctionarms, probably about 15 times. Maybe that isn't too many, but I've been amazed at how fast sellers have responded.
Awhile back I bought a Mossy and the stock was broke clean in half by UPS....... issed: A beautiful gun, ruined by those idiots. The seller hung in there are kept fighting, finally got a claim check.....only took a month. But the seller kept in constant contact with me, by phone and net. Very impressive!
Yesterday I emailed two sellers and received replies within four hours.
I see by the forums on Auctionarms that problems do occur, but there are some sellers that are exceptional. In fact I think I've going to dig up the names of the one's I've had good service from and list them here.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Fatstrat

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
When it comes to shipping guns, IMO nothing beats the good ole USPS. Insure it and use tracking. Might take a day or two longer, but I believe they are far less likely to lose or damage your shipment. I haven't had any probs w/UPS or Fedex myself, but I've heard LOTS of horror stories.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Slowalkintexan

Texas' beautiful hill country, Michigan's golden left coast.
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ship by USPS

Fatstrat, I agree, guns are handled much better by the post office. I've never had anything damaged by them, and I probably ship a dozen packages a week. Their online postage, and labeling is great, and you get free insurance and tracking.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:14 PM
ken w.

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Send a message via Yahoo to ken w.
I have to disagree with you guy's about the post office.I've had lots of lost boxes,letters never delivered,etc.Oh well.I get aggravated at the sellers who wont answer emails.I get between 75-150 emails every day.It's a real pain to sit and read and answer them all.I do it because I know I'll either loose a sale or get talked about.The other day I bid on two items on Ebay from same seller.I emailed asking if they would combine the shipping.Never got a response.I then looked at their feedback rating.This guy has 78 negatives.I hope I get my stuff.I bought on impulse and didn't check.I would say that most sellers are good about it.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:07 PM
res1b3uq

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
usps

I have had REAL good luck buying on Ebay and Auction Arms. I always check the ratings before I bid. USPS is real good except for California. (6 days) I mailed a check from Texas to Oregon on 7/05,(Tuesday) He emailed me Friday that he had received my check and the purchase had been shipped. That ain't bad for a government institution.