Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunanglr
how did they feed the magnums into the gun, surely they don't fit in a stock factory 10/22 clip?
If you read the first post it sounds like they didn't actually shoot it with magnums and it was the 22lr's that were splitting. Hate to think what would have happened with the rifle if he had shot 22 mag in it. One or two probably would have not cause much damage but repearted shooting certainly would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 05-21-2005, 02:36 PM
ShootNut
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I think this guy has learned to leave the repaires to the people who know what they are doing. I was at the gunshop this morning and he brought in a couple other guns to be cleaned and serviced. We got to talking about the stupid this people do with guns. We got to hear stories of how one guy used a 3/4" drill bit to open the choke up on his shotgun because he didnt want to pay $25 to have it reamed and honed properly, cost him a new barrel! And the guy that put a choke tube in the chamber of his new Mossberg 500 12ga. because he thought it was used for reducing the chamber to a 20ga! And a whole lot more. I could have set there all day.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:01 PM
postal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ask a rangemaster...

They have all kinds of great stories.... The one I liked the most was the guy with a 12g auto, who got a jam, in the process of clearing it, got his thumb slammed in the action, it was stuck, but his other hand was holding the weight of the shotgun... (and too stupid to set it on a bench) had to have help to get the action held open for him to remove said thumb... (he shoulda promptly inserted said thumb somewhere else...)

Seriously, find a cool range master, and asked them the best of the dumb...

Postal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Spike52
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
As bad as this is any gunsmith that has been in business very long would have more than one story like this. If I was this guys smith I'd fit a new barrel, charge the guy enough so that there is some pain involved, and explain to him how close he came to eating the bolt from the 10/22. Explain to him the next time his "Friend" has any bright ideas to come in and ask about it. That way you have a loyal customer, you make some money and you feel like you might have prevented some future experiment.

Then you tell all your friends that if you see this guy at the range it might be worth while to stay a few benches away!!
Like the fish parable in reverse...
Take a fish away from a bad cook and prevent one night of bad eatin'...
Teach him how to pan fry and eat good for a lifetime...

-S
Old 05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Suburban
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunanglr
how did they feed the magnums into the gun, surely they don't fit in a stock factory 10/22 clip?
I was thinkin' the same thing. I 'magine hand feeding them into the barrel would be quite difficult. There just isn't that much room.