Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:47 AM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Badlandboys.
I will have to try the bolt on mine. I have mine with the screw as loose as it will go right now. I do not see me messing with the bolt while the safety is on very much but it will be interesting to see and glad to know just tighten the screw and all will be good. I will probably just leave mine loose though. It's just a Target rifle.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I may have to try this
Old 05-24-2017, 09:45 PM
jrhilde
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Mine is turning out as a minor disappointment -- I had gone back in and relieved just a slight bit more of the inside surface so that the trigger spring leg is now completely down and parallel with the floor of the trigger box --I still have a hard trigger, but not as hard as it was --- I'll get it down to a small gun shop here in town, they have a trigger pull weight gauge and I'll at least be able to see where I am.

One of the other members has a couple photos of the extra hole he drilled in the sear to lighten the spring. This is a great idea but all I have is a hand drill and not to sure I can drill through it that way-- why couldn't a notch serve as well as a new hole? I have a metal cutting wheel on my Dremel and could very carefully cut a notch just deep enough, the short end of that spring would just hook into the end of the notch--
it is a captive spring, held in place by the hub molded into the inside of the side plate .

Then if that is a little too much, it can be adjusted with the trigger adjustment screw
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2017, 10:52 PM
Badlandsboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
jrhilde
After removing the lawyer ledge on one of mine , it was still a bit to stiff , so I just reverse tweaked the spring you are talking about , just to weaken it some. It work out real fine , as then you can use the screw adjustment to bring it back to the level you want.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:22 PM
jrhilde

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
You smart Devil you --- so you bent the long leg upward, away from the horizontal position it is in now? Just a bit. So it should have been easier to push it around just a little to get it back in the hole, correct ? Your a genius ! Why didn't I think of that ? Could it be because I'm old and my brain is partially worn out after all the years of being pretty smart ? Thanks for a great idea --- John
Old 05-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Badlandsboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Correct !
I am not close to being a genius any more , maybe 50 years ago, when I thought I knew everything. Really - this wasn't my idea , but I read about it here somewhere. It worked for me though. If you go to low the bolt might slide out when the safety is on. On my rifle that was at about 2lbs. At 2 1/2 every thing was happy. You can use the trigger adjustment screw to add on some more pounds if you go to low.
It was kind of nice to be accused of being a genius. ! There is a 1st time for everything.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:38 AM
jrhilde

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Badlandsboy, so basically just bend the spring a little more in the same direction as it's already bent, but a little shy of having the short end line up with the hole --- so easy, much appreciated --- great that I don't have to pull all the pins again --- thanks, John
Old 05-26-2017, 07:40 AM
jrhilde

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Wish my CZ's were this easy to work on-- the easiest by far is the Ruger American, it's built to be adjusted --- John
Old 07-29-2019, 07:32 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My blonde is a safe queen. The Tupperware sportier was put in a MDT chassis ( got a deal on it) the 2 varmints stayed in their factory stock(walnut). Unfortunately they needed Jards