Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
What What??

So, what y'all building this winter? Any new ideas coming to life? It doesn't look like much is going on around here these days?
Old 12-21-2015, 11:12 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not sleeping here, just testing the eyelids for holes.

Took a good hour of massaging the Rem 597 receiver with files and a Dremel to get the drop in VQ cf barrel to drop in. It shows promise enough to bed it this winter and maybe MolyFusion the bore. The barrel wouldn't chamber Eley fodder so that got sent back for rechambering. Two strikes against me but I still get a few more swings to get it right, and after tinkering with the receiver the factory barrel is definitely out of the picture now.

I'm going to have to attach a couple 4"x4" post stubs on my 4"x4" fence post to keep from chopping off my fence post this winter test sniping from the basement since Yooper winters are pretty much the same as Ricochet's. Winter's the best since the neighbors aren't up to speed with my gun shenanigans and won't hear the subs reports with all their windows buttoned up when I test.

Not sure if 25 or 33yd on this one. I was on my game with better Eley ammo so it'll be up to the gun after I 'fiddle' with it.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Looking good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
That looks pretty sweet. Seems to shoot good too.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:52 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I just snagged a used B&C Anschutz sock. Going to drop my WVS guts into it and give it a try.

And Now.

Last edited by plinker4life; 01-07-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:09 PM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
That thing looks sweet
Old 02-07-2016, 11:47 AM
1911wilson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
azguy should be getting a bubinga wood blank to start on my daughters 10/22 stock soon. i'm working on a Richards microfit stock for my bench 10/22. I have to finish the old ladies 10/22 heavy barrel build and I have several .243 rifles to finish up for next Christmas as gifts to family members. man I have my hands full already.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The Bubinga will be a much heavier rifle!! That stuff is DENSE!

Mine was given to me by RFC members and I was very honored. Ruger cut the stock for them for me (don't ask they are not likely to do another!!) Delux Sporter style.

Do not be disappointed if it is ugly at first. Mine was a plain muddy orange but as months went by the wood developed character. Mt Maple CZ 527 did the exact same thing!

When it was kind of plain but not as bad as new:

Grips that SGW made out of the same piece of wood for my MKII "Slabside". I wonder why he made a "V" on them?

Eventually I will use another piece of the same wood to make scales for a knife to match.

This wood is also very hard and because of that a couple bumps that I thought would leave dings were not even a scratch on the wood.

In SuperStock Forum Tradition we name all our rifles because most of us built from 2 to 15 of of them so we name them to keep track. Bubinga is an African rosewood so this one became "African Rose"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk