Receiver Cross Pin replacement? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:36 PM
xstal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Receiver Cross Pin replacement?

One of the local links took me to Ruger site that recommended replacing the steel cross pins with a hard plastic replacement. (Part B-5)
Two questions.
#1 Does it help fight the metal fatigue cracks it mentioned in the reciever. And #2 if so where can I locate a source for them.. since I didn't happen to see them in thier store section.

Thanks from a new comer to Ruger Rifles...

Old 04-13-2004, 09:04 PM
ruger22com

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstal
One of the local links took me to Ruger site that recommended replacing the steel cross pins with a hard plastic replacement. (Part B-5)
Two questions.
#1 Does it help fight the metal fatigue cracks it mentioned in the reciever. And #2 if so where can I locate a source for them.. since I didn't happen to see them in thier store section.

Thanks from a new comer to Ruger Rifles...

Do a search for buffers.
ruger22com
Old 04-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Wolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hang on a minute. The receiver cross pins designated as B-5, hold the trigger group into the receiver. You are talking about the bolt stop pin, affectionately referred to as the bolt buffer. I have to go find the exploded drawing, but I believe it is B-46.

I am intimately familiar with this because I am still looking on my workroom floor for the stupid receiver cross pin that dropped out when I wasn't looking. I'm going to have to order some from somewhere, lousy $1.50 part. I'm going to order a bunch.

Oh yeah, several of our sponsors sell different kinds of bolt buffers.

Hurray For Indy

Last edited by Wolf; 04-13-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2004, 07:41 AM
xstal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, Like I said I'm new to this I was looking for a steel pin in the drawings & didn't go any farther when I found one. Will look for the Bolt buffer... Thanks Much h. I Take it they work and are recommended then.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:15 AM
Wolf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstal
Thanks, Like I said I'm new to this I was looking for a steel pin in the drawings & didn't go any farther when I found one. Will look for the Bolt buffer... Thanks Much h. I Take it they work and are recommended then.

Yup, bolt buffers like the ones from Weaponkraft, are much preferred over the factory bolt stop pin. The first thing you notice is that they get rid of that annoying metal slapping noise every time the bolt hits them. But there are a great many more benefits to them, as well. Do a search, or just look around for threads titled bolt buffers, especially in the "Action" forum. I personally think that a good buffer, and a VQ target hammer, should be the first things you consider doing to your 10/22. They will make your gun more enjoyable, and more accurate because of that.

Then, you will catch the bug

Hurray For Indy
Old 04-14-2004, 08:24 AM
trailgator

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
10/22 buffer

Xstal,
here's a good source for the 10/22/buffer:
http://www.buffertech.com/
Old 04-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's our friend Dakotan @WeaponKraft
Many here like his products and service.

Mike
Old 04-14-2004, 01:34 PM
GunLocators
US Navy Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If interested we carry a Bolt Buffer as well. It has a lifetime replacement warranty. We are offering Free S&H right now on these and a few other items at. www.gunlocators.com
Old 04-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Bucks Owin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunLocators
If interested we carry a Bolt Buffer as well. It has a lifetime replacement warranty. We are offering Free S&H right now on these and a few other items at. www.gunlocators.com

Talked me into it, $4.99 for a buffer for life!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:05 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
GunLocators,
Is your buffer the same one that Dakotan makes and sells?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Dakotan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really don't mean to "steal anyone's thunder", but... I Always have had (and always will have) free shipping on everything I make & sell; Always 100% satisfaction guaranteed on everything I make & sell (as in NO sale is final until you like what you bought).
And (of course ) a Lifetime Replacement Warranty on my "Dakotan" (who started that name anyway? ) Bolt Recoil Buffers; Your lifetime, your 10/22's lifetime, your next 10/22's lifetime.... pick a lifetime, any lifetime!

Take Care! - Dakotan
Old 04-15-2004, 02:23 PM
GunLocators

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have no idea if it is the same material. Never have had a Dakotan in my hand so I could not say for sure.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:29 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
I have no idea if it is the same material. Never have had a Dakotan in my hand so I could not say for sure.
Thanks - you answered my question. I was wondering if you are a distributor of the Dakotan buffer.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:32 PM
GunLocators

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No, I am not a distributor. 1 thing I would have to say is that the Dakotan from reading post is top notch product as well. I will NOT knock his product it has gotton a lot of good reviews here. As with our we have had excellent results for the past 4 years.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:15 PM
xstal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Curiosity has gotten the best of me.... Just ordered a cross pin relpacement from both suppliers....

Don