Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Snake45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Snake45
Okay, here's a question

How "stock" does a 10/22 have to be to be eligible for this forum?

Both mine are mechanically stock as far as barrels, actions, and so forth. But both have aftermarket sights, and modfied factory stocks. They're sure a long way from the stuff I see in the "ultimate" forum, but are they too far modded to play here?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
eliseo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i dunno snake - i posted in another thread here about my only 'stock' 10/22 - and only about what i'm going to do with it. this is sorta like having a chapel in a whorehouse, isn't it?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Marinesg1012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is what Antlurz said about the new forum
Quote:
The whole idea is that some talk isn't suited to the stocks and barrels, nor the action and SURE doesn't belong in the "Ultimate" forum, so this is just kind of a catch-all.. not necessarily stock, but not fitting into the others, either.

By rights, the "Ultimate" forum should be reserved for the.... really.... neat guns..

Ron
Seems it doesn't mean "stock" 10/22's it is just when your not talking about either the barrel the stock or your newist super 10/22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Antlurz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The really hard and amazing part was to get the forum added to begin with. Now that we have it, we can think of a more apt name. Meantime, just kind of look at it as a "general" forum when the other three don't really describe the thread. .

Ron
Old 04-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Antlurz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first suggestion for the perfect name would be "NOT the Ultimate 10/22".

Seriously folks.. it's not a big deal, and you don't HAVE to have a stock gun, just post here if it isn't about an Ultimate 10/22.... and even that is subjective...

The larger point in the whole deal is to keep the "Ultimate" forum for the really special guns you are super proud of, not just a run of the mill questions like it was beginning to degenerate into... The "Ultimate" forum is for special guns. Lets keep it that way. Thankfully, with this new forum, we can do just that!

Ron

Last edited by Antlurz; 04-07-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:38 PM
eliseo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlurz
My first suggestion for the perfect name would be "NOT the Ultimate 10/22".

Seriously folks.. it's not a big deal, and you don't HAVE to have a stock gun, just post here if it isn't about an Ultimate 10/22.... and even that is subjective...

The larger point in the whole deal is to keep the "Ultimate" forum for the really special guns you are super proud of, not just a run of the mill questions like it was beginning to degenerate into... The "Ultimate" forum is for special guns. Lets keep it that way. Thankfully, with this new forum, we can do just that!

Ron

HUH? they're all 'special' guns.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Snake45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Snake45
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliseo
HUH? they're all 'special' guns.
I agree. I'm setting mine up to be just exactly the way I want it, and that might or might not mean sticking with the factory barrel, depending entirely on whether it will produce the accuracy I want and need for what I'm going to do with the gun.

It might not draw a second look over in the "ultimate" forum, but it'll be JUST the way I want it--and that's ULTIMATE to me!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Antlurz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Snake...

That is just right. A trick barrel or trigger or even the combination doesn't make it an "Ultimate"

I really think most know what the objective is.

A real "ultimate" is a gun that the owner can't think of another possible thing to improve it with to his liking.

Ron

Last edited by Antlurz; 04-08-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:44 PM
tazlab4x4

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to tazlab4x4
?

Quote:
Snake...

That is just right. A trick barrel or trigger or even the combination doesn't make it an "Ultimate"

A real "ultimate" is a gun that the owner can't think of another possible thing to improve it with to his liking.

Ron
Wow Ron......when we can't think of "another possible thing to improve it".....we're in touble......this will surely cut down on the amount of posts in the "ultimate" forum

Taz
Old 04-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Plinker
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

The Foothills of the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
What Ron is try'n to say is this forum will be for general 'BS' about 10/22's.

Let it all hang out an have a good time,talk'n
about 10/22 stuff.

Enjoy!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:20 PM
mutwagn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Snake...

Ron
You know Ron, if I had a 100% original, 10/22 Fingergrove Sporter, that would be the one gun that I wouldn't want to do anything to at all, because there is no reason to. A pure stock and my ultimate 10/22 at the same time.
And that's doing something. I've even started modifying the 10/22s I have already modified. Can't seem to leave them alone. The more I read and learn, the more I want to try something different.
This is a good forum too. From what I can see it should do well. A good place to ask those beginning questions, we all did, on the road to that " One Gun". Or two guns, or three, or four, or...............
Andy
Old 04-09-2004, 01:57 AM
KEVB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Ron

By that definition, I bet you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE with an ultimate
Old 04-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Plinker
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

The Foothills of the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutwagn
........ to that " One Gun". Or two guns, or three, or four, or...............
Andy

Old 04-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Bucks Owin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe a better name would be "Ruger Stocked & Barreled" for those of us that are messin' with rifles WITHOUT a "tube de jour" barrel. <G> I think once you change the barrel you aren't shooting a "stock" Ruger anymore. Maybe we oughta stick with Ruger offered (or at least "conventional appearing")stocks too as opposed to the "Star Wars" style on some custom rifles.... After all, the barrel and stock are what you SEE on a rifle and in order to be "stock Ruger" these two items should appear stock or at least "reworked stock" (eg: checkering, fore end tips, jeweled bolts etc).......

IMHO

Dennis

Last edited by Bucks Owin; 04-11-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Antlurz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really think that the majority of the posters have got a decent grip on the new forum and what it stands for, as well as the old "ultimate" forum.

Seems to be mostly falling in line everywhere.

Good goin'

Ron